Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search for service bulletins on lubrication of the drive shaft and came up dry for the US (no pun intended). However, I did find that Suzuki issued a service bulletin in Australia calling for the drive shaft to be greased on all shaft drive motorcycles every 12,000km.

For what it is worth

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I tried to search for service bulletins on lubrication of the drive shaft and came up dry for the US (no pun intended). However, I did find that Suzuki issued a service bulletin in Australia calling for the drive shaft to be greased on all shaft drive motorcycles every 12,000km.

For what it is worth
First paragraph:

The service intervals we get.... It's the assembly that was forgotten.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First paragraph:
The service intervals we get.... It's the assembly that was forgotten.
RV,
I agree but as a service bulletin, the "assembly" referenced would be reassembly at the dealer level as a service task, not initial assembly at the factory. My purpose for posting this was to show that, at least in Australia, Suzuki acknowledges that the drive shaft must be lubricated on a periodic basis.

Good hunting

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Aha!

·
Registered
219 Posts
You can download that PDF I linked above, BTW. Might be useful to somebody who enjoys doing their own work, or for somebody who does not take their bike to a Suzuki dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts