Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
not even 11 and most have called it a nite...not like the old days...but a sign of the times...nice of Simon to spare a repeat of last nites misunderstanding about the fire and preparing the fire for tonites fireside gathering...Ken would be at ease knowing Dr J filled in nicely in his absence...great day for riding today...hopefully tommorrow goes as well as today.

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.
Hope everyone had a greaaaaat time as usual, I sent Dennis my thoughts on next years rally per consensus of members voting to have it here at Gettysburg. Like I told him, not everyone will commit being outside of there comfort zone of traveling that far which a majority of participants coming from up north always attend, therefore, you all make that call and vote, I don't mind traveling to your neck of the woods for a greater turnout for this awesome event. I'm just another tool to continue this rally, a family tradition and willing to step up. You alk know my local VR members are MIA, Tom Brown, Mark and Nzinga ( who helped on 2014 Octvrfest) Deacon, Brian, Jennifer, etc so it's all on me which I will mirror the last time it was here, no problem.
It will be a challenge and I will make it happen with the help of my close friends from the Catskill trip you all met. For those who attended Gettysburg Rally last time it will take place at the Quality Inn just outside of Steinwehr Ave right next to the Battlefields, walking distance to Appalachian Brewing Company, couple of other dine in places, quaint gift shops, and Kenny's favorite Reliance mine, a old mining tunnel converted to a bar right on the hotel premises, crawling distance to your rooms. Lots to see and do right there from our hotel.
Have a safe trip home, salute.

·
Super Moderator
9,584 Posts
Hope everyone had a greaaaaat time as usual, I sent Dennis my thoughts on next years rally per consensus of members voting to have it here at Gettysburg. Like I told him, not everyone will commit being outside of there comfort zone of traveling that far which a majority of participants coming from up north always attend, therefore, you all make that call and vote, I don't mind traveling to your neck of the woods for a greater turnout for this awesome event. I'm just another tool to continue this rally, a family tradition and willing to step up. You alk know my local VR members are MIA, Tom Brown, Mark and Nzinga ( who helped on 2014 Octvrfest) Deacon, Brian, Jennifer, etc so it's all on me which I will mirror the last time it was here, no problem.
It will be a challenge and I will make it happen with the help of my close friends from the Catskill trip you all met. For those who attended Gettysburg Rally last time it will take place at the Quality Inn just outside of Steinwehr Ave right next to the Battlefields, walking distance to Appalachian Brewing Company, couple of other dine in places, quaint gift shops, and Kenny's favorite Reliance mine, a old mining tunnel converted to a bar right on the hotel premises, crawling distance to your rooms. Lots to see and do right there from our hotel.
Have a safe trip home, salute.
Well now ... this definitely has my interest, the distance to get to Gettysburg notwithstanding.

BearBait and I missed your event back in 2014, Doug. Our son had a near-fatal heart attack, and we abandoned our rally plans to go and be with him and our daughter-in-law and grandsons in South Carolina.

I've never been to the Battlefield, and always wanted to visit it. And I've always wanted to go to the Flight 93 memorial, which I think isn't far away.

Hope we get a chance, Doug, to host you and your core crew one more time in the Catskills before we come down there to see you all.

Love ya!

Reactions: duglaura

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
We really enjoyed the rally in Gettysburg. Wouldn't mind going again, tho if that happens it'll be by automobile. I miss the family :)

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
great time,,special thanx to Pete and Chris and Jeff and everyone else all for making this another one to remember. Looks like this particular event is returning to springtime next year...Mayfest 2023...hosting by Pete & Dr J. Don't know where it will be just yet...but when they have the particulars, I'm sure they;ll get a thread started for those considering attending. Was fun watching Jeff take over for Kenny tending to the fire and like Beez finding all sorts of ways to get himself in trouble with Simon the owner. Believe I saw them kiss & make up before we parted ways this morning, so hopefully the group left on good terms. BTW Ken, if and when we return there, bring your own poker.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not sure what people putting on FB, I'll never know bc I'm not on that. I know people took other pics, maybe they can post here too.

Thx to Dennis, Pete & Chris for org and rides. A true group effort.

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
sorry to say I missed that ride...headed out with the group but heading to our first stop, one of the riders, Carl...Big Bert... riding with his wife Paula... experienced a mc problem, pulled over to the side of the road where those of us behind him realized his trouble and he told us he was going to go back to the inn rather than taking a chance of his mc breaking down somewhere along the days ride...seems the mc was throwing out codes...enough to be of concern...smart choice...so Barb & I stayed with them, following them back to the inn w/o any further issues but his mc riding for the rest of the weekend ended there. Shame but luckily he had a trailer so he was able to trailer the bike back home when he left on sunday. With all the comments i often make regarding those who trailer their mc's,.. once again, proof that any of my jibberish never holds any credibility...will be interesting tho to see what the problem in the end is.

Unless i miised something, believe that was the only mechanical issue anyone experienced during the rally. Interesting side note as well..saturdays ride...give or take 200 miles of open road riding, hills, twisities, just some great roads, anyway, many opportunities to feel free to twist the throttle to ones delight almost ended on a sour note for the one of the 2 riding groups...we'll call them the more aggressive riding group of the two...1 mile from the inn, Vermont State Police were running radar and Heath saved the day for the group with his Map app or whatever it was he had, it picked up the radar and he was able to slow the group down.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Dennis is a bikers, biker…. He will dole out the $h1t. But when it comes down to it, he will never leave a brother or sister on their own. He got your back!

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
shame you weren't there ugly...you would have liked the place and probably gotten along well w/Simon and his wife Allyson...super hosts and quite the cook. Shame they never added the Mr Johnny Special to their breakfast menu from our first visit there...Jeffs own special breakfast request that became the most requested breakfast that weekend....funny how things changed so quickly for Mr J......one minute the hero,,,next minute the goat.

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Funny how things turned out saturday Carl...like I mentioned during the day, things happen for a reason and for whatever reason, either you or I or both of us weren't meant to be riding that day...when I heard from the others the amount of hairpins and interesting climb up Mt Graylock, think for me & barb, we did better cruising the shops in town and discovering a cute little eatery we never knew existed and enjoyed a nice lunch with you and paula. Special Kudos to Mike & Cindy also for keeping you company on saturday and leaving the bikes their back at the inn. Like you said...special group of folk that do look out for one another. Hope you & Paula join us again next year wherever the event will be.

·
Super Moderator
65,954 Posts
shame you weren't there ugly...you would have liked the place and probably gotten along well w/Simon and his wife Allyson...super hosts and quite the cook. Shame they never added the Mr Johnny Special to their breakfast menu from our first visit there...Jeffs own special breakfast request that became the most requested breakfast that weekend....funny how things changed so quickly for Mr J......one minute the hero,,,next minute the goat.
It looked real nice from the Facebook pics B showed me. 😉

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
maybe next year.in May if you get the itch.... otherwise will be good to be heading down to Gettysburg in the fall...last time we had the rally there I took week off and spent the next 5 days cruising the roads of West Virginia...great riding there too. Probably head to NC to see my daughter instead after the rally.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts