Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally realized I don't like loud pipes. I bought the Cobra Slashcuts. and couldn't take it any more. Especially on the highway. I sent them back and put the stockers back on, like music to my ears.

CTRider :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hope you don't regret it.......Cobra has quiet baffles coming out next month. I'm getting a set for my Streetrod Slashdowns as soon as they hit. I like the sound, but I want the better half to ride with me and they are a little too loud for her.

I hope they come out on time!

Dennis

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Put packing in my slashdowns :cry:

Didn't really help much, maybe at idle a small amount.
Hurry up Cobra!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COBRA SLASHCUTS

Mine came with welded baffles in them. That's one of the reason I bought :) them, thinking with perminant baffles they wouldn't be that loud. I was wrong, and found out the hard way. I sent them back, I hope I get a refund. Their suppose to refund anything with in 90 days.

CTRider

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Hi Lew, don't blame ya, too loud is just not comfortable on long runs.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Who did you get them from that allowed you to return pipes 'cause they were too loud? :shock:
Viper

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
And what kind of restocking fee are they gonna hit you up with on that?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I could see sending them back if they're too loud...

I had no idea how loud Slashdowns could be until they were on the bike.
Customer satisfaction has to be the name of the game now days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SENDING PIPES BACK

It went back to one of the biggest if not the biggest motorcycle accessorary company in the US. I have bought many accessories from them, and they let you return with in 90 days plus free shipping. I'd rather not say the name yet till I know it went through. If I have a problem, which I hope not, I'll have to deal with it. I have returned something exspensive to them before with know problem. That's why I buy from them.

CTRider :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ear Plugs

You could consider riding with ear plugs. I started riding with ear plugs with my stock pipes last year. I realized my hearing was getting worse and after my research found that the the wind noise is a big contributor to hearing loss on a motorcycle. I have a 3/4 helmet and a shield on my C90T and prefer to have my earplugs. I can actually hear more around me as it cuts out the wind noise. Of course, with my new Cobra Speedter Longs, it's a good idea too. ;)

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Re: SENDING PIPES BACK

So whats going on with this? Did they take em back? Did you have to pay a restocking fee? Who is the supplier?
CTRider said:
It went back to one of the biggest if not the biggest motorcycle accessorary company in the US. I have bought many accessories from them, and they let you return with in 90 days plus free shipping. I'd rather not say the name yet till I know it went through. If I have a problem, which I hope not, I'll have to deal with it. I have returned something exspensive to them before with know problem. That's why I buy from them.

CTRider :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: Ear Plugs

nikopen said:
You could consider riding with ear plugs. I started riding with ear plugs with my stock pipes last year. I realized my hearing was getting worse and after my research found that the the wind noise is a big contributor to hearing loss on a motorcycle. I have a 3/4 helmet and a shield on my C90T and prefer to have my earplugs. I can actually hear more around me as it cuts out the wind noise. Of course, with my new Cobra Speedter Longs, it's a good idea too. ;)
I too wear ear plugs to cut down on wind noise. I have the cobra slask cuts and love them. I think they're just loud enough for me.
Eric

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I now can say Dennis kirk refunded me all my money minus 20%. Which I was happy with. They give you a full refund for unused items. They saw some blue under the heat sheilds, so I was more than happy with the results. I've been a loyal customer for years, maybe that had something to do with it. I'm glad I got away cheap, and learned a good lesson. I will never change the stockers again. Maybe because I'm getting old,54, but I enjoy a nice quiet ride.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Hey Lew, want to try my Jardines ??? :biglaugh: Seemingly no one is interested in a set of really good, loud pipes for half the price of new ones, so up they went on eBay today.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
CTRider said:
I now can say Dennis kirk refunded me all my money minus 20%. Which I was happy with. They give you a full refund for unused items. They saw some blue under the heat sheilds, so I was more than happy with the results. I've been a loyal customer for years, maybe that had something to do with it. I'm glad I got away cheap, and learned a good lesson. I will never change the stockers again. Maybe because I'm getting old,54, but I enjoy a nice quiet ride.

Glad they treated ya right! :D

I was just about ready to remove the silencers in the Nomad's pipes, then I started sorta liking the 'quietness' of the new bike. I think for now, I'm gonna leave 'em stock. I've had head-splitting pipes, and in-between. At almost 65 I'm a good bit older than you, and maybe that's a part of it, but I seem to be leaning more and more to quieter pipes these days. :lol:

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
CTRider said:

shoot, 54 ain't old.

if i was 54 i'd only have 18 years till i get to retire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts