Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted share a positive experience using a pair of Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headsets. One of my older Scala Q2 pods started acting up so I shopped for a better system. After a bit of research, I got a new 2 pack SMH10 from Amazon.com.

Hands down a much better system. While the Scala almost always paired with either the 2nd unit, or my phone, the sound quality was poor and even at full volume, was just too quiet to hear when cruising above 60 mph.

Not only is the sound quality worlds better through the Sena SMH10 speakers, the volume can actually be too loud.

The microphones are also better. The Scala microphones only seem to work well when they were right against your lips (not all that comfortable), whereas the Sena microphones picked up conversation well with the microphone further away.

Battery life also seems good with the Sena as we used them for 12.5 hours today.

Reactions: 10-64 and RellaLou

·
Registered
949 Posts
The Senas are great. With the new firmware, you can even pair them with other brands of intercoms.

Reactions: kettlinton

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been using the SMH10 for over a year now and love them. I have a modular helmet with the boom mic setup and a Shoei RF1200 with the little button mic. Both work equally well. The only complaint I have is that Sena is a little slow on warranty replacements. I had one unit act up and it took them nearly two months to process the RMA and then ship out the replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.