Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling this one (2004 Suzuki Volusia) and getting a 2005 Harley road king classic in 2-tone smokey gold and black next weekend!

I took off all the bolt on parts. here's how it was for the majority of the time I owned it, not pictured is the crash bar and the hand deflectors I had on it for 1 season.

I have had the Vol for 2 years and have really enjoyed it, but I bought it initially because my wife never would ride with me on my other bikes in the past. I was going to bobber it or just do solo rides on it but for some reason on this bike, she's ridden with me about 75% of the time since I got it. I bought a bunch of different parts to make it more comfey for her but now it's time to upgrade. I'll miss the volusia, it's really been a great m/c and didn't cost me hardly anything.

I'll still hang around since you all are so nice ;-)

Here's the incoming

·
Registered
20,154 Posts
Looks like a nice trade-off exspecially since the new ride comes fully loaded ( i.e. the luggage rack load).
:biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
Ha ha, Scorpion and I both keyed in on the same thing: The beer strapped to the luggage rack.

Wishing you all good luck with your new ride. And glad you'll be hanging around even without a Vol in the garage. You'll notice quite a few of us do the same thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
get ready for some high maintenance costs. Good luck to you!
Ha! yea, the bike is already costing me maintenance $$$ and I haven't even rode it yet!

As I said wife really wanted the 'comfey' bike. I would have been just as happy on a Nomad and really liked the Vaquero but she really loved the road king. Since I'm buying used (got a really good deal, private owner moving sale, still snow on the ground...) and the Vaquero's are still new i'm paying a lot less for the HD than I would for the Kawa.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just watched my 09 ride off with another guy - told him I had lots of good times on that bike and now it's his turn. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just watched my 09 ride off with another guy - told him I had lots of good times on that bike and now it's his turn. Enjoy the new ride.
Guy came with deposit last night and is picking it up tonight. Similar situation as you, he's on a crotch rocket now (i believe a Yama R6) and converting that to a track bike.

Timing is perfect because I pick up my new bike 12 hours after my Vol gets picked up by new rider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts