Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this new on April 15-08 from our local Suzuki dealer. This bike is beautiful and fast with only 429 miles on it.
Rear seat delete hump still new in the box unopened.
Just paid $10,300 plus (Have receipts)
There is no lean, its paid for. Bike is showroom perfect.
If anyone is interested I will take $9000 for it but no less.
You can email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Beautiful bike !!!!!!!

Sorry you have to sell.......Good luck with the sale.........

Pete

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike is sold. Bought a new M109R, love it, but the C-50 was a better all around bike, think will get another before too long as I have Vance & Hines exhaust, Phatty drag bars and lowering bones for the C-50. Never had a chance to see how much I would like the parts once installed and think it would be nice to have two bikes. = )

·
Registered
43 Posts
How about posting a pic of your new bike! How is the power of the M109R?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The M109R runs very very strong and is quite comfortable. It handles like a big bike and it is at 700lbs. Not as nimble as the C50, all in all I'm right in love with it, gets more attention than I care for lol.
The only problem the wife and I are having is with the windshield and backrest.. any of these added parts kind of ruin the looks of the bike.
We ride so much that C50 touring set up was a little more practical.
I didnt buy the bike to race and in my opinion the engine size is overkill, v-twins dont gain enough "zip" to warrent this size cc.
The C50 was fine two up on long trips, an 1100 or 1300 would probably be perfect for the 109.. the 1800 acts like a BIG engine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is sweet looking! I have been searching online trying to find pics of it with the rear seat on. i read its not too easy to switch out fast. ..you need tools. At least the rear seat come with it though. Do they offer quick removable backrest?

I just sold my harley and i am thinking about going back to a suzuki again. I love the looks of the M109R.

How long do you think you can ride in one sitting? The seating position on the Harley wasnt too forgiving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its very comfy to me but I like the reaching forward style, wife says its great but wants a backrest.. only have 600 miles on so far but was out for four hours the other day and didnt want the ride to end.
I paid $11,000 out the door. Its a 2007 left over but we loved the white and the 08 they had was black and only about $600 more.
The rear seat change is quick and easy with just two bolts.
I will post another pic with the back seat on when I take some.
I purchased the V-Stream touring shield that looks very sporty but not much coverage, also ordered and waiting for the Suzuki backrest and rack, clear oem turn signal lenses and bulbs, chrome shaft cover and a Smart TRE. I think Corbin offers a seat with quick release backrest.
May just find us find another C50 to put all my nice parts on and use it for long trips, then strip the 109 back down, put the solo cowl back on and keep it for myself.. :biglaugh:

Found a pic with the back seat the day I bought it, thats my wife saying "Woo-Hoo" she didnt say that when I bought the Hayabusa?..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you for the pics HeavyMetal. It dont look too bad with the rear seat on.

I bet your wife is happy, she will be more relaxed on that bike for sure.

Thanks Again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts