Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is both an ad, as well as asking for advice. There is a chance I might be selling my 2002 Volusia in the near future. Here's the advice part: I have no idea what a fair price would be. I am thinking of asking $3000 for it.

I'm located in Bryan, Texas (90mi northwest of Houston).

800cc
Very good condition

Only thing that needs work is that the LEDs for the gas gauge and odometer do not work (and haven't for a long time).

It had 2,500 miles on it when I bought it in 2010. I only ride it to work (9 miles each way)... and even then, only on nice days. I'm guessing it has somewhere around 5,500-6,000 miles on it now (estimating on the high side, it might have less than 4,000 miles).

Has Cobra pipes installed (with surface rust), but I have the original pipes still in "like new" condition (which will go with the bike).

Also has a saddlebag that goes with the bike (I took this off when I first got the bike):

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Well, a 2005 is a C50 and the pic you are showing it is either a 2001 or 2002 Volusia (the badge is from either of those years). What does your title say? Look up on Kelly or Nada for a starting price, I will guess that for that year 3,000 may be high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, a 2005 is a C50 and the pic you are showing it is either a 2001 or 2002 Volusia (the badge is from either of those years). What does your title say? Look up on Kelly or Nada for a starting price, I will guess that for that year 3,000 may be high.

I was guessing on the year... 2002 might be correct (was looking for my insurance card, which I can't find).

The $3000 is a "starting price for negotiations". I am expecting to get less (but not sure how much less).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Consider investing what you need to get the odometer repaired. A TMU bike is of far less value than one with 4 to 5,000 miles. Just my .02 cents.

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consider investing what you need to get the odometer repaired. A TMU bike is of far less value than one with 4 to 5,000 miles. Just my .02 cents.

Good luck

I would love to. I even put a post here about it a while back (maybe a year ago?). I don't have the skills to do it myself, and none of the shops around here know how to do anything other than try to buy a replacement unit for the entire speedo (somewhere to the tune of $500).

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
I was thinking that it was newer than an 2006. I have a 2006 and it doesn't have the gas gauge on the speedo.
they went back and forth
my 2003 has the bars

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I was thinking that it was newer than an 2006. I have a 2006 and it doesn't have the gas gauge on the speedo.
It's definitely an 01 or 02 given the tank badge, turn signals (they were flatter; the bullet style started in 03). As far as gas gauge, Mr Suzuki was kinda funny. He put it in there...then took it away....then put it back after a year or two. Don't remember exact years....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19,495 Posts
I was guessing on the year... 2002 might be correct (was looking for my insurance card, which I can't find).

The $3000 is a "starting price for negotiations". I am expecting to get less (but not sure how much less).

Book value is $1500 in rough condition and $2500 in excellent condition. With the broken speedo and a $500 repair bill to get it working? You're going to be getting more offers of the former, rather than the latter.....

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
for $1500 he might make more parting it out

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine at the beginning of this past winter for $2000 (+ saddlebags & windshield). It's 2002 with ~4600 miles. I think it was pretty stock. It's in storage now, so I can't tell for sure.

My first moto and can't wait to ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts