Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who called today and she really wants a Vol and wanted to know if I would be interested in selling mine and she would certainly buy it. I actually took her for a ride on it a few months ago.

Should I sell and move up or keep on keepin' on?

I love my bike but I have to admit I'd like to have a little more power and weight. Don't really have any extra cash right now so whatever I sell it for is all I would have to buy something else.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
well if its paid for, and you can wait til you can get what you REALLY want next, and aren't confined to a price range as you are now...

I'd WAIT.

I've seen a lot of bike listed on HERE in and around the FL area....you may want to check for her there, and get some other look-sees lined up for her

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Sold mine for $5000 and paid $4000 for my Nomad, so it can be done. 8) Wife thought, oh great we have a grand left. I said how do you figure.......that goes into the bike. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
if you want another and already have a buyer, id say go for it.... i never do the trade-in, so its always private party. Usually i buy something, and then i have an extra bike to sell. id much rather sell the bike first and then not have to re-arrange as much money to purchase the new one.

As far as selling YOUR BIKE...... i dunno, are you ready for the loss? have you been salivating over another one?

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Well I think you answered your own question with the statement you don't have the cash for a new bike right now. I say wait and get what your dreaming about.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get significantly more powerful than the vol without any additional funds unless you find someone who is desperate. You know you like what you havem you may not find something you like better for what you will get.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I had no plans to sell it but she really wants to buy it. I told her I'd help her find one if I didn't sell her mine.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ssi6 said:
Yeah, I had no plans to sell it but she really wants to buy it. I told her I'd help her find one if I didn't sell her mine.

Thanks for the feedback.
Update: A few kind folks have been sending me messages when they have a Vol for sale. My friend decided not to buy anything right now.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts