Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I pulled off from a stop sign today I noticed that the bike was kinda washy in the back end. Realized that the back tire was going flat. My wife works up the road only a couple of miles so I tried to make it. . Fell short by a half a mile or so and had to walk the rest of the way. Just as i made it to the parking lot where my wife's car is parked this young lady pulled over and asked me if I needed help. I politely declined. She then states I saw your Harley sitting back there. I always help my Harley people. I got lots of them. All I could do saw smile and thank her for trying. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the Vol. All in all not the way I want to spend my day. :biglaugh: :shades: :wayhappy: nor the way I wanted to spend $40. The shop charged $40 for a tube then had the gall to ask for $25 to install. Off the bike and halfway off the rim. :moneyeyes:

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
As I pulled off from a stop sign today I noticed that the bike was kinda washy in the back end. Realized that the back tire was going flat. My wife works up the road only a couple of miles so I tried to make it. . Fell short by a half a mile or so and had to walk the rest of the way. Just as i made it to the parking lot where my wife's car is parked this young lady pulled over and asked me if I needed help. I politely declined. She then states I saw your Harley sitting back there. I always help my Harley people. I got lots of them. All I could do saw smile and thank her for trying. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the Vol. All in all not the way I want to spend my day. :biglaugh: :shades: :wayhappy: nor the way I wanted to spend $40. The shop charged $40 for a tube then had the gall to ask for $25 to install. Off the bike and halfway off the rim. :moneyeyes:
My 06 C50C is often mistaken for a Harley and for a much larger displacement with the big jugs out there in the breeze.

I'm glad you were ''close'' to a shop when the tire went down.....

·
Registered
906 Posts
I get that all the time too....."nice Harley" they say. I feel kinda bad because even though I love the look and that is why I dressed my bike the way it is, I have no intention of trying to trick anyone into thinking I have a Harley. I have been a bike guy all of my life and I like them all. Crappy deal about your flat but +1 on the "glad you were close to a shop" Ride safe!

·
Registered
21,173 Posts
Guys.... It is often mistaken for a Harley, because it is essentially a Harley Fat Boy clone. Not that there's much you can do with styling on a machine that is essentially two wheels and an engine, but still. At first glance, it is really easy to make the mistake

Reactions: PapaBean

·
Registered
432 Posts
A Fatboy look alike it is!

I'm glad it looks just like a Fatboy, THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT IT!!! hahaha No need for me to lie about it. It was way cheaper, looks and feels great. I usually ride alone, and even if I don't I'm not a big guy and my lady is tiny, so two up isn't an issue. When I got this bike I flew out to get it, paid for it cash and then 2 days later left for a month long, 7k mile road trip. And still had money in my pocket!!! Ya, I always wanted a 1990 Fatboy in silver, but this will do just fine!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
She then states I saw your Harley sitting back there. I always help my Harley people. I got lots of them.
was she saying that harleys break down alot?:shades:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just feel bad for the person that says "Hey man! Nice Harley" like they know it is one! LOL! I correct them every time and it leads to some interesting conversations.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
The way you described it makes it sound like she meant she has lots of Harley friends. Was nice of her to stop, most people don't (bikers and non-bikers). And yes, most people think ALL bikes are Harleys. I have 3 very different looking bikes and people always refer to them as Harleys. Doesn't matter, most just know that name the best, good marketing.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jen it was nice of her to stop n I wasn't trying to belittle that, I just got tickled at the statement of "lots". And I was surprised a lone woman stopped and offered to pick me up. I tend to find things humours at times. I had just walked a half a mile or better. Normally from my bike to my office is as far as I walk.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Had a guy once walk up to me with his girl friend and, trying to impress her, said 'nice Harley, looks just like the one I used to ride'. I let him go on for a bit then smiled and said, 'it's a Suzuki'. Look on his face was priceless.

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
I have people ask me if my BMW is a Harley... And ask if my Harley is an Indian... And if my Ural is a BMW....

Motorcyclists need to remember that 99.99999 percent of people could care less and they're just making small talk, Ya know, being nice.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
That's because "Harley" is synonymous with "motorcycle" and about the nicest thing you can say to a guy on a motorcycle is "nice Harley".

My new one came off the truck late yesterday and I take possession tomorrow morning. :wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy:

So happy So happy So happy

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
That's because "Harley" is synonymous with "motorcycle" and about the nicest thing you can say to a guy on a motorcycle is "nice Harley".

My new one came off the truck late yesterday and I take possession tomorrow morning. :wayhappy::wayhappy::wayhappy:

Stop that! I don't want to agree with you! You're right though, they've marketed themselves to become like Kleenex or Xerox. On top of that, no owner of other bikes get offended if you call their bike a Harley, but see how fast a Harley owner gets in a bunch if you confuse his with a Suzuki. :shades:

Congrats on the new ride BTW, I can't wait to see pics! :wayhappy:

Reactions: chico

·
Registered
127 Posts
Had a guy once walk up to me with his girl friend and, trying to impress her, said 'nice Harley, looks just like the one I used to ride'. I let him go on for a bit then smiled and said, 'it's a Suzuki'. Look on his face was priceless.
You forgot to mention the part when the girlfriend then jumped on the back of your Suzuki and rode off with you:biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,901 Posts

Hey Viper , "Nice Harley". :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.