Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My son bought his first motorcycle last summer. It's a 2003 Volusia 800, he loves it, but he's very tall, around 6'5", and while the bike does have extensions installed for the pegs (pardon my terminology if it's not quite correct), the Mustang seat that is on it still pushes him forward, so long rides tire out his back.

Seeking an OEM seat, or an OEM Gel seat (is that a thing?) that would also let him to install the OEM pillion seat that we picked up (it does not work with the Mustang seat). I've heard a LOT about how the Mustang seats are amazing, but there's mixed reviews from taller riders. Ultimate seats is another possibility.

Anyone have a potential solution lying around???

His birthday is coming up, would love to find something before then.

Thank you!
DadsXF

·
Super Moderator
32,937 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

A few other options would be a Mustang or Ultimate seat or even just an Airhawk seat cushion. Good luck finding what you're looking for, and I hope he has a happy birthday.

Edit: sorry, I skimmed over the last part and skipped where you mentioned the Mustang and Ultimate. I've heard nothing but good about both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Whiskey! I should have posted - he's in Boone, NC, loving the time out there and enjoying Blue Ridge Parkway rides. The Mustang seat on it moves him forward, he'd like to sit back further - maybe highway bars would be an option???

·
Registered
2006 C50
28 Posts
Hi all,

My son bought his first motorcycle last summer. It's a 2003 Volusia 800, he loves it, but he's very tall, around 6'5", and while the bike does have extensions installed for the pegs (pardon my terminology if it's not quite correct), the Mustang seat that is on it still pushes him forward, so long rides tire out his back.

Seeking an OEM seat, or an OEM Gel seat (is that a thing?) that would also let him to install the OEM pillion seat that we picked up (it does not work with the Mustang seat). I've heard a LOT about how the Mustang seats are amazing, but there's mixed reviews from taller riders. Ultimate seats is another possibility.

Anyone have a potential solution lying around???

His birthday is coming up, would love to find something before then.

Thank you!
DadsXF
Hello! I may have what you need: an original OEM off my 2006 C50 Boulevard. No scratches. No rips. Took it off within days of getting the bike and it's been in my garage ever since. Give me a shout if this is what you're looking for. I live south of Denver in Castle Rock, CO. Have no idea what it costs to ship, but $20 plus shipping gets it to you!
Comfort Synthetic rubber Snow boot Auto part Leather
Hood Automotive lighting Gas Motor vehicle Bumper
Comfort Gas Fashion accessory Flooring Leather

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! I may have what you need: an original OEM off my 2006 C50 Boulevard. No scratches. No rips. Took it off within days of getting the bike and it's been in my garage ever since. Give me a shout if this is what you're looking for. I live south of Denver in Castle Rock, CO. Have no idea what it costs to ship, but $20 plus shipping gets it to you!
Hello OldDawg, that looks like what I'm looking for!

Let me know cost to ship to zip code 28607 ??

Thanks much!
DadsXF

·
Registered
2006 C50
28 Posts

Thanks much!
DadsXF

Thanks much!
DadsXF
Will do. I'll run up to the post office tomorrow morning. I'm going to box it to protect it and will get the quote on the boxed shipping - a "puffer" bag won't protect it from punctures during shipping. Will C.O.D work for you or should we do paypal? Any better ideas?

·
Registered
2006 C50
28 Posts
Will do. I'll run up to the post office tomorrow morning. I'm going to box it to protect it and will get the quote on the boxed shipping - a "puffer" bag won't protect it from punctures during shipping. Will C.O.D work for you or should we do paypal? Any better ideas?

Thanks much!
DadsXF
Cheapest is the US post - priority delivery 5-10 days is $41.95 for shipping. I know - 2x the $20 price! So all-in: $61.95. Do you still want it? I also went to UPS - they wanted $51.13 for regular delivery and 81.13 to ship COD! Outrageous. If you've got any ideas on cheaper shipping options, I'm all ears. No rush - PO is closed on Monday (Fed holiday) so earliest I could ship it out to you would be Tues. Paypal will work - it will go to my wife's account because she's the only one that uses it. If you still it, let me know and I'll get her Paypal information. I don't know how to send private messages on VR (yet) but if you can do it I'll send you my phone number and email to make communication easier. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheapest is the US post - priority delivery 5-10 days is $41.95 for shipping. I know - 2x the $20 price! So all-in: $61.95. Do you still want it? I also went to UPS - they wanted $51.13 for regular delivery and 81.13 to ship COD! Outrageous. If you've got any ideas on cheaper shipping options, I'm all ears. No rush - PO is closed on Monday (Fed holiday) so earliest I could ship it out to you would be Tues. Paypal will work - it will go to my wife's account because she's the only one that uses it. If you still it, let me know and I'll get her Paypal information. I don't know how to send private messages on VR (yet) but if you can do it I'll send you my phone number and email to make communication easier. Thanks!
Hey there OldDawg, yeah, nothing is cheap these days, PO for 41.95 sounds like it might be the simplest option.

You can PM me by hovering over my Cupcake Dog picture, info should pop up and "Message" will be at the bottom. I did send you a PM, not sure you saw it? I'll send you another with my phone number in it.

My only concern at this point is to verify that the 06 C50 would fit the 03 VL800. We got him a passenger pillion seat for Christmas, without realizing that it would NOT work with the Mustang seat on his bike. He doesn't really like the Mustang that much, because he's too far forward. Maybe getting the stock will make him realize how comfortable the Mustang is. 😆

Sending you that PM with my number and my email address. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Timing is everything 18 months ago shipping would have likely been half of what it is today. Lots of products are cheaper than what it costs to ship it. Thanks dems

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
DadsXF, the 06 will fit an 03. They changed the fitment in 09.

Reactions: DadsXF
1 - 11 of 11 Posts