Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2006 C50
I recently got a code on my bike of C29, which is the secondary throttle position sensor. I noticed the butterfly flaps would barely move when I turn the bike on, if at all. The bike has been running like hell, dying on idle, not reacting to throttle, backfiring like crazy. I got a resistance and voltage reading from both the sensor and the actuator and all seemed fine.

Could the sensor keep the butterfly flaps from cycling through, or moving at all? When I turn the bike on it sounds like the actuator just clicks, then doesn’t really do anything. I also saw a post on here about disassembling the actuator and re-soldering, and it can fix the actuator (potentially). I’m trying to narrow it down, and see if I can just fix the actuator myself, or if I have to buy a new sensor or actuator. Maybe there’s some cheaper options for a sensor other than $200 on EBay? TIA.

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
The butterfly valve is actuated by plastic gears. They tend to strip pretty easily and it is unfortunately not an order able part. You have to buy the entire assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts