Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out on my new to me 09 c50 and realize that I agree with most of the opinions I've read that the original seat isn't much good.

I've read plenty of reviews on seats but no one ever really says why their seat is uncomfortable and how the new seat compares. Everyone just says that the old one sucked, and the new one is great.

So my seat feels like it's pushing me forward. Feels like there is pressure on my tailbone and I'm not sitting down in the seat like I want too. Has anyone had the same problem and found a seat that cradles a bit more? Also, I want to pick up an adjustable backrest as well if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Mustang

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
mustang...ulimate... seem to be what many have been pleased with...mustang will sit you higher and closer whereas ultimate replicates the sit of the stock only 1ooo times more comfortable than the stock... mustang does offer a backrest which is adjustable up/down and tilts...also offers a adapter you can switch on the backrest if you find the backrest puts you more forward than you want...think the piece costs around $20...keep your eye here in the swap section or ebay...folks are always selling them especially when they trade in their bikes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Definitely Mustang!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I commute 40 miles each way on my bike. The stock seat was killing my sit bones so, I tried a gel seat. I also installed a Grasshopper backrest. That didn't help so I customized my stock seat by sculpting the foam. Much better but still not what I had hoped for so, I got a good deal on a Mustang seat on this forum, installed it and my butt is happy now. No need for the backrest and I can ride all day without any pain.

Reactions: PV458

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was looking at seats for a while. The price was a little too high. So I decided to carve mine out. Removed the seat, unstapled the cover from the back and left it stapled near the front (no need to completely remove it). Then I took a big knife and stated trimming, slowly, creating little dips where I wanted to sink in a little more. In the end I got it perfect. Didn't cost a dime and now my seat is awesome. The only thing is that the cover isn't stuck on the foam, so it still looks like the stock seat, until you sit on it. Love my seat! Actually made it more comfortable to ride without the back rest... But that's just me.

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
+9 on the mustang. The stock seat has a metal plate that forms the ridge between the cheeks. That's what hurts the tailbone. Some have cut it out and redone the pad and it helps but not that much.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got the Ultimate seat because I didn't want to be higher and closer to the bars. I bought the backrest with it. The backrest is adjustable for angle (how far forward or back) but not for height. The height is just right for me, so that's OK. My Ultimate seat is perfect for me the way I define perfect: I can ride an entire tank of gas without discomfort.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Mustang Seat is wonderful, with the original C50 seat my butt was sore for half a day after a mere 125 mile ride. Hard to walk reminded me of being bowlegged after riding a horse.

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
If you get the Mustang with the Passenger Seat, the Passenger seat actually gives quite a bit of lower back support. Enough that I didn't need the backrest.
2 piece will give you support...the 3 piece will not if you choose to ride without it....different design. Have had them both.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
the Ultimate

The ultimate in comfort for me is Ultimate seats! My wife enjoys her passenger seat that is almost as wide as the driver's seat. Alas, I have a Corbin for myself due to the difference in our heights, so she can see something other than my shoulder blades.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/SuzukiC50.html

For solo riding or a taller wife I would get an Ultimate seat.

Anyone with a 5'10 or more wife who would consider a trade?:biglaugh::eek:utcold:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.