Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hopped on the seafoam band wagon after reading great things about it. just put some in the gas tank this morning. i was reading on the back of the bottle that you can add it to the oil/crankcase and some in the spark plugs. it also talked about putting it in the air cleaner for a "fog affect". has anyone done either of these? i was doin some searching here and i didn't see too many threads that talked about oil or spark plugs. i have not noticed a difference yet, but im sure i will in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Cory, there's an introduction/instruction video link floating somewhere out here ... interesting to watch - you would think the stuff is magic. I cleaned out my lawn mower and snow blower engine with it - works well. Used a clean spray bottle and sprayed the "fog" right into the carbs while the engines were running!!

Never tried it on the car but I did add the recommended "dosage" to the fuel in the C50 during winter storage AND put some in the crankcase, then drove about 50 miles and changed the rather new oil, that now came out brown ... seems to work well!

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moenko said:
Cory, there's an introduction/instruction video link floating somewhere out here ... interesting to watch - you would think the stuff is magic. I cleaned out my lawn mower and snow blower engine with it - works well. Used a clean spray bottle and sprayed the "fog" right into the carbs while the engines were running!!

Never tried it on the car but I did add the recommended "dosage" to the fuel in the C50 during winter storage AND put some in the crankcase, then drove about 50 miles and changed the rather new oil, that now came out brown ... seems to work well!
yea, its here http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=59192&highlight=

vids dont play well at work :roll:

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
basshole said:
what is the benefit of adding it to the crankcase?
yep, thats what i am lookin for. ive read that it cleans build-up, but i dunno if that happens in bikes like it does in vehicles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
basshole said:
My sons car with a million miles had a very loud knock, I put some in the crankcase and it eliminated the noise. I figured what the heck, and it worked!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Wize-azz said:
basshole said:
My sons car with a million miles had a very loud knock, I put some in the crankcase and it eliminated the noise. I figured what the heck, and it worked!
Yes I think it clears out carbon deposits that will inevitably form over the years and make things run smoother again - sumtin like that....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hey Cory, I've used it in the crankcase.

It was amazing how well the bike ran after the treatment.

I put it it, let it run about 5 minutes, shut it off and let it cool down then did an regular oil - filter change.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Breaker said:
Hey Cory, I've used it in the crankcase.

It was amazing how well the bike ran after the treatment.

I put it it, let it run about 5 minutes, shut it off and let it cool down then did an regular oil - filter change.
cool. thanks. i may just do this on my next change!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Compatible with synthetic oil?

I would imagine if you were using it in your oil you would need to do an oil change not to much after using it to get rid of the gunk that it cleaned. I want to use it on my Explorer and just changed the oil bout a month and a half ago....

Gonna run out and pick some up later today at least for the fuel tank!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Cory, but don't drive a full interval with it - they say only to drive for like 50-100 miles and then change oil again because it will soil up quickly. Would use a cheap dino oil for that and thereafter put in your Rotella again.

Cheers,
Carsten

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
moenko said:
Cory, but don't drive a full interval with it - they say only to drive for like 50-100 miles and then change oil again because it will soil up quickly. Would use a cheap dino oil for that and thereafter put in your Rotella again.

Cheers,
Carsten
ahh ok. i will have to wait until my next oil change.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
You can also use it to brush your teeth, cure arthritis and clean your grill. A few drops in your tires will eliminate any possibilty of a flat. Rubbed on the headlight it will increase candelpower twofold.

·
Registered
665 Posts
ECKS said:
You can also use it to brush your teeth, cure arthritis and clean your grill. A few drops in your tires will eliminate any possibilty of a flat. Rubbed on the headlight it will increase candelpower twofold.
And that's words you can trust spoken from a real mechanic! :lol:

Jeff

·
Registered
628 Posts
ECKS said:
:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
ECKS said:
I put a capfull in my bathwater, I just love the stuff. :wink:

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
v01rider said:
i was reading on the back of the bottle that you can add it to the oil/crankcase and some in the spark plugs.
Pull your plugs and add about 4-6 oz. Reinstall the plugs and start the bike. Please report the exact sound the engine makes as it hyrolocks.

Disclaimer: please don't take this seriously. Doing so can cause irrepairable damage to your engine.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I also spray it on my lawn to repel elephants. Haven't seen one yet in my yard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts