Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I did a lil searching and didn't come up with much so here goes nothing.... I have an 05' c50 there doesn't seem to be any issue I am thinking about running a little sea foam through the fuel system to keep things clean. Obviously the proper ratio of seafoam to gas but I was wondering what you guys thoughts are? I have used it in my trucks for years, was just wondering if anyone had done this in their boulevard and what y'all's thoughts are.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It's a common additive used here by many members. I think I'm using 1/4 to 1/3 of the can per the Boulevard gas tank. I also add it to the crankcase as well, days before changing the oil and filter.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Won't hurt the bike, I use it when storing the bike along with a splash of sta-bil.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not a professional mechanic, but I think all of this additive stuff is hocus pocus and a way to get us to spend more money. I looked on the interweb and couldn't find any laboratory testing for sea foam or stabil or motorcycle engine oil versus auto engine oil. I don't use additives and have always put auto engine oil in my bikes. I leave my bike outdoors all year, covered, in the northeast. I just run the engine at least every two weeks for at least 15 minutes and change the oil every 3-4 months. Never had a problem with gumming of the fuel system or sludge in the crankcase. Have gotten 50-60k miles out of engines smaller than the c50 with no problem.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
For the last 2 years my snow blower has required that I leave the choke on in order for it to run right. Yesterday I was getting the blower ready for yesterday's/last night's 12" of snow. I added a 1 or 2 ounces of Sea-foam and topped off the gas tank.

After about 1 hr. of use today, I was able to cut the choke way back and the engine ran very well. The SeaFoam seems to have helped.

I do use it in my bike a couple times a year.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I use it along with stabil, I have two bikes and two vehicles and gas today last around 60 days I cant drive each of them enough to use enough fuel to keep it all fresh so seafoam is my answer to quick starts everytime.
P.S. I didn't know seafoam was a stabilizer until I was informed by this site.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I had a vulan 500 with sticky carb inlet needles.. 2 tanks with seafoam..all fixed.. i run it in both my m50 and st1300 the m is gone now tho

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Although, I put a little SeaFoam in a lot of my engines It seems to have the best effect with those smaller engines that don't get used very often.

For a lot of those small engines you can adjust the carb with a little specialty adjusting tool a little turn out on both high and low speed needles while you wait for the Seafoam to kick in works wonders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts