Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hocking Hills Tourism Association is having their poker run again this year. The stops are the various state parks in the area. This is a very low key "family oriented" ride. ie. none of the stops are bars. :) But there are bars along the way. :)

Here's the URL for this year's run. Times, routes, etc. This year it's on Saturday May 17th. They do have a great dinner at the end.

Would love to meet some of the people on this forum.

Here's the website where you can register.

http://www.hockinghillspokerrun.com/

Dutch
'00 Intruder
'02 Volusia

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its time to give this thread a bump.
This year its May 16, 2009. The benifits go to the state parks. The stops are all at state parks again. The entry fee is $25 and you get a free T-shirt. Prizes are $300., $200. and $100. This may even be tax deductible.
It would be nice to see some boulevards and volusias. I will be there on the bully and my riding buddy on his vulcan. Hope to see you all there.

http://www.hockinghillspokerrun.com/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going but I'll be riding my scooter this year after crashing the Vol last year.

Trying to get some more "scooter trash" from Columbus to come down for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dates have been updated. There will be a bbq afterwards.
So who's all going?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Was it a go or NO go?

Well did anybody make it? Was raining like crazy in SE Ohio that day so I didn't even try it.... Maybe it was postponed?

·
Registered
86 Posts
notorious_carl said:
I was there. and seen possible two other c50 and a c90 there. the rain sucked.
I had hope they posponed the event and rescheduled... guess not.. This riding season is not starting out to well...

Thanks for the heads-up..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep, I was there. rode in the rain 50% of the time. It was dry riding to the event then it rained for most of the run then it was dry again for the ride home. I didnt have a hand so I ate and then headed home. The directions they handed out had some mistakes but that just made it more interesting. The website said BBQ but it was actually fried chicken with several sides to choose from. I met a few people that I hope to see again, I only wish I got a chance to talk to the Bully riders. Overall I'm happy I went.
Oh yeah, the park rangers were there to keep us unsavory bikers in check. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts