1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
53,914 Posts
Basically the same running gear as a VL800, with an automatic transmission, and aerodynamic skin.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Uh box, it said it's actually and 850cc scooter. :shock: 75 HP :shock: And it will do 120 mph! :shock: :!:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, np will fix. A scooter bigger than my bike !

specs say 839.3cc

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
all scooters are motorcycles (motorized cycles), but not all motorcycles are scooters! :wink:

had seen that one before - my da is a maxi-scooter aficionado, so i get all the latest news 8)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
bike_rider_ga said:
Sorry that thing is NOT a Scooter.
my dad's 650 burgman is as comfortable as they come...the correct term is MAXI-scooter.

yep, semantics...but still true! :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
301 Posts
That looks closer to a motorcycle then nost scooters, One if the things most people usually point to to define a scooter is the flat floor board area and a pasthrough, that one is more like a motorcycle where each leg goes over the side.

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
Funny that the article mentioned a Victory Vision. That was my first thought when I saw that bike. "Damn! That's a big scooter!" Then I walked up to it and realized that it wasn't. LOL

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first fully faired motorcycle w/ a trunk.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
bike_rider_ga said:
Hey Mistress How is Canada weather today?

My job takes me to Toronto every week to every other week.
all weekend it was sunny and in the 70's - probably better than most of the 'states! 8)

with the automatic transmission and lower-height section in front of the saddle, it's a scooter - more or less step-thru design, integral fairing floorboards as opposed to pegs or boards that bolt on, and no discernible fuel tank location. wheel size has nothing to do with it..

i guess i just fail to see the difference between it and this:

except about 189cc..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Was approached by an older man at the grocery store parking lot the other day. He saw my Vol and justed wanted to talk bikes for a little bit. I'm sure it's happened to you. Said he was thinking of buying a scooter that costs $4000. I said "for that money you could buy a real motorcycle". His reply was " problem there is my knees are shot and it's to painful to swing a leg over a bike".

Gave me a whole new perspective and respect for scooters. They're not toys at all, are they?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Windburn Bill said:
Was approached by an older man at the grocery store parking lot the other day. He saw my Vol and justed wanted to talk bikes for a little bit. I'm sure it's happened to you. Said he was thinking of buying a scooter that costs $4000. I said "for that money you could buy a real motorcycle". His reply was " problem there is my knees are shot and it's to painful to swing a leg over a bike".

Gave me a whole new perspective and respect for scooters. They're not toys at all, are they?
Not the 400cc and up maxi's thier not. Mine goes 94 mph max and gets 70mpg on long highway runs and 50 in the city and is longer than a sportster amd has a large trunk. It may not be snappy off the line as a sport bike but It is nimble and will keep up w/ traffic w/o sweating it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts