Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
from what i read, the bus turned LEFT in front of the oncoming biker, and the biker clipped the rear end of the bus that was still in his lane, and was catapulted into another vehicle.

am i reading the account correctly? if so, then why does the article make it sound like it was the riders fault?

and how terrible for all the kids to witness something like that :cry:

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
wehrd1 said:
from what i read, the bus turned LEFT in front of the oncoming biker, and the biker clipped the rear end of the bus that was still in his lane, and was catapulted into another vehicle.

am i reading the account correctly? if so, then why does the article make it sound like it was the riders fault?

and how terrible for all the kids to witness something like that :cry:
Because motorcycles are bad and buses are good. Soooo, it is always the motorcylist's fault...

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get annoyed with busses. When there's no kids on them, they drive like idiots. And in the dark I get fixated on those stupid white strobe lights. I drive by a bus yard every morning going to work and it's usually around 6:15. There's two dozen of them sitting there running with all those strobes flashing.

I think bus drivers are like some (unmentioned) other public servants and think because they're in a big yellow bus with kids they can do what they want and everyone else has to yield to them.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
As much as we are partial to motorcycles, it was a school zone and I would think the speed limit would be slow enough that a motorcycle could stop quickly when a bus is coming.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I've had a few bad experiences with the bus drivers here in Jacksonville. Fortunately I was able to react in time as they cut me off.

"I think bus drivers are like some (unmentioned) other public servants and think because they're in a big yellow bus with kids they can do what they want and everyone else has to yield to them."

I agree with ssi6.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts