Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend is selling two Scala rider g9s for $200. I believe the product is like 9 years old. Is it worth it or should I buy something new? TYIA

·
Super Moderator
24,389 Posts
I used a G9 for years and just replaced it with the Freecom 1+.

I wouldn't worry about the G9, it's a good headset, but I think $200 is a bit much. You can get the Freecom 1+ brand new for $100. Unless you're riding with a large group that all have Cardo headsets, the G9 isn't going to do much more for you. I might would give him $50-$75 for both of them.

·
Super Moderator
20,056 Posts
had a scala set bought from a fellow rider here...was a good buy for the money at the time ,,,after a few seasons they started cutting out a lot...forever having to ask..."can you hear me"...finally the wife bought me a new set...sena smh 10...nice and generous present from her...good product would highly recommend...fwiw...wife never believed there was anything wrong with the old set...she figured I just preferred telling her I didn't hear her, using the "must have been the system cutting out" card when she started with her useless/senseless babble...truth be told, it really was the system on the decline and I got a new system free.

·
Super Moderator
24,389 Posts
When I bought my Freecom 1+ I thought long and hard about buying the Freecom 1. The difference between the two is about $20 and the plus model includes rider to passenger communication, whereas the Freecom 1 only does bluetooth to your phone and FM radio. I caved and went with the plus, but honestly, if I wanted to talk to my wife I would just stay home. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can get a new pair of SMH5 Bluetooth Headset Dual Pack - Universal Mic for under $200 from Revzilla.

·
Premium Member
9,057 Posts
I have them..... even a G4 which I prefer over the G9's but at that age, they'll be needing batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts