Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2011 C50T on July 14th, 2022. To the best of my memory it's my 28th motorcycle, the first one being a Honda Z50 that my dad bought me in 1974 (c:

The Boulevard is the only cruiser, the most comfortable "2 up", and in many ways the most "classic" bike that I've owned. Except maybe for my 1997 Ural Tourist. But Urals are in an entirely different world.
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Pleased to meet you.

-Corry

Reactions: Woodswoman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
morning and welcome to the family...seems like you go thru mc's as often as some folk go thru marriages...enjoy and ride safe...you will probably find this to be a good back road cruising mc versus something to go cross country with,,,a great mc tho.
Thanks for the welcome. I've only got one marriage behind me, but that cost more than all of my bikes put together. Karma will balance everything, though.

Back in the '80s I rode a 1978 XS650 Special about 4,500 miles in 2 months. As is the case with (I'm guessing) most of us here I'm not as young as I used to be. And with that went the iron butt.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello from Tannersville, down in neighboring Greene County! Welcome aboard, Corry.
Though not recently, I'm a reluctant transplant from Seattle. I confess that I've not been to the Catskills but it's on my list of things to do before I depart this earthly realm. Should I wander down your way, can you recommend a good diner for breakfast?

BearBait sounds like a trail name. Feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Woodswoman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You speak great truths sir
I have zero history on my bike and haven't removed the pilot's seat, so I don't know if it's stock or not. I only know that it's covered in leather and far more comfortable than any of the seats on my previous bikes were. The worst being the DRZ-400s (vinyl over 2x4); the most comfortable being a toss up between Ural (bench, not tractor) and the stock saddle on a 2013 Wee-Strom. Yes, I'm being a bit pedantic. Butt honest (-;

If my nethers starts to chafe in the VL800c saddle I'll look into Custom and Mustang as candidates for replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts