Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my Hard Krome 2 1/2 inch classic straights, and naturally my C50 was running rich. The guy I bought them from suggested to talk to a local dealer about hooking it up to a yosh box to to lean it out a little bit. I did exactly that and it worked perfectly. Saving me hundreds of $$. I was charged an hour labor while I waited and my bike runs great. It ran fine before but my riding partners could tell by the smell that it was on the rich side. So- my guess is that if you have a FI Bouldevard, and add aftermarkets, see if your dealer has a yosh box for FI bikes. I am not sure if this will work with the carb version or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what it looks like, but only one dealer out of 6 within 50 miles of me had one. A couple of them stated that they were very expensive, but they will eventually have to get one because of all the FI bikes that are coming out. I assume that it just hooks up to your brain box on the bike like on a car and tells it where the fuel air mix is set at. My bike was leaned out about 5%, and it seems to be perfect.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Never heard of a yosh box, glad whatever it is it worked for you.
I never heard of a stock Vol/c50 running rich, and usually pipes tend to lean it out some more.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It's a trait that the C50 has. I've heard no exceptions. The fuel injected Blvds. come from the factory running rich. Go figure.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I've been checking out a Teka box by Factorypro. Does the same thing. Sport bike riders have been using them for a while now. Plug it in, push a button, it reprograms the computer. Unplug and ride.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
ecks said:
I've been checking out a Teka box by Factorypro. Does the same thing. Sport bike riders have been using them for a while now. Plug it in, push a button, it reprograms the computer. Unplug and ride.

yupper...that's what it does....Chizy had this done months ago with very good results.....remember we have an fi system very similar to a gixxer's....so it's mapping is programable just like the gixxer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ba6r0ty said:
ecks said:

yupper...that's what it does....Chizy had this done months ago with very good results.....remember we have an fi system very similar to a gixxer's....so it's mapping is programable just like the gixxer.
Hey Tony!

Do you know where Chizy had it done?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing I ran into was that some shops had the yosh box, but not for anything newer than an 04. Make sure the box is set up for an 05 or newer otherwise you'll be wasting good riding time, and possibly $$

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
05 Dave Blvd said:
ba6r0ty said:
ecks said:

Hey Tony!

Do you know where Chizy had it done?

Thanks,
Dave
Greater Boston Motor Sports......I had work done there on my dl650 and Chizy has used them a bunch of times....it's arlington or cabridge...can't remember but google them and that will tell ya.....good luck!

·
Registered
423 Posts
ba6r0ty said:
RoadRunner said:
It is Arlington, right on Mass Ave

RR
that's the one!
I called them today and they charge $160 (2 hrs labor) to re-map.
I called Plaistow Motorsports and they charge $75 (1 hr labor). I'll check back with them next spring when I install the new pipes and air kit. It still beats paying $200-250 for a FI controller.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I am going to have to look into some of these come next spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts