Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabo de Gata in Spanish is the name for a Cape in the Province of Almería, a little town, and a Natural Park surrounding them.
We left at 10 Am, for a 220 km trip, on a motorway that needs the pavement to be redone on half the distance, and came back in the evening!
I must admit I have always be happy with the way the old Vol behaved in every ride we took, but, shame on me! Nothing to do with the new bike! I'm sure I could ride it again as far as I did before, but I'm not that sure I will.:wayhappy:
Here are some pics of the ride and places...

There's still some fishing boats in Cabo de Gata, but no habor, so they pull their bots up to the beach, and down again to the sea. Years ago with a wooden winch, then with a diesel, and now with an electric one. The steel cables remain half-burried in the sand.

The lighthouse

At te viewpoint, just above the Arrecife de las Sirenas (Mermaid's Reef)

The reef itsel...

Hard work to pull a boat up with this!

The old wooden winches, in front of the boats.

Flamingoes in the old saltworks.

Time to take a ride bak home...

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

·
Administrator
52,304 Posts
I always feel as if I've been on a vacation, after browsing through Your posted images.
Well done, Jugama!

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Great pictures.
I felt like I was there. Time stood still.

·
Administrator
5,966 Posts
Nice, and thanks for the pictures!

About the boats: I see how they winch them onto the beach, but how do they get them back into the water?

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts

About the boats: I see how they winch them onto the beach, but how do they get them back into the water?
Extra virgin olive oil,

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This how they winch them upto beach. They slip three kind of big cylindric hard pillows under the boat, to help it running on the sand.
I couldn't see how they do it the other way down, but they don't look too heavy boats, and it's downwards... Some good old spinach could help these good old fihermen, too.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Beautiful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts