Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Dennis, let us know if you need anything, I have a pump as well that you can borrow, but hopefully you don't have that much water. Also have a dehumidifier with a remote pump so there is no pan to empty.

We have the granddaughters dance recital today which bummed me out that I was missing the ride, but with the rain we're getting, I wouldn't have made the ride anyways.

Ride safe all!!!

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
todays never ending rain has me once again spending the day tending to water vac duty trying to stay ahead of the incoming water...Thursday was the first day in the last 12 days the water stopped coming in...with the ground still saturated, todays return of the wet stuff from above has the water once again finding its way into the basement...have a guy coming over Monday to keep me a price on what needs to be done...been here 26 years...never had this problem so bad,,, occasional puddle...yes...inground pool,,,no. sorry guys...I already know where this is headed for the next few days...have a good time.
Let Barb suck the water up. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
4,281 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
went to bed midnite last nite after getting things under control with the water...amazing what can happen in 6 hours...barb leaving for work at 6:30 am wakes me up to inform me lots of water in the basement...so much so it took me 3 hours to get it under control...this sucks...be interesting to see what suggestions I get from contractors in seeing where the problem lies and what needs to be done not to mention the cost...thanx for the pump offers guys, but should be ok...seems like as long as I'm here I can keep it under control or at least so I thought...guess the rain was heavier than I thought...I'll mention your suggestion to barb beez...should go over big...expect a kick in the ass from her at the yankee rally.

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
The contractor will cut the concrete out around the outside edge of the concrete floor and then ruin your finished walls in your basement up off the ground about a foot so that they can put perforated drainage pipe all the way around and have it flow into a sump pump in the corner so your house never floods again as long as you have electricity.

Not too dusty or sloppy of a job.......

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
My neighbor. I helped them fix the mess afterwards. You never saw baseboard installed that big anywhere ever to make up for all the paneling and studs they cut out. The finished walls were actually hanging from the ceiling. Had to splice the studs in and then put 1x10 from the floor up with a piece of 6" normal baseboard molding on top of that to cover the rough cut edge of the paneling.

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
It was great seeing everyone again as well as meeting Phillip for the first time. Too bad others couldn't make it. Yoda rode 125 miles to get there from Shoofly country. He said his Mom grew up about a mile from the Dutch Bakery Dennis posted about earlier.

Belinda and I took the truck. I figured it was too close to trailer :p

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Great ride, glad to see some familiar and new faces. sorry for your trouble DC. better than ruining the inside of the basement they could excavate the OUTSIDE put in some stone and pipe! $$$$$$$ you could always go back to work! as Beezer would say, hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
could at least have taken a pic of the shoo fly pies,,,,weather here was sunny...hope you guys had the same...not that it matters...looks like you all had a good time...hope everyone gets home safe.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
yes, he's on the "other"site. said to tell you the wind was just right.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts