Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my saddlebag support brackets and then put on my throw over saddlebags. The bags angle away from the bike at the bottom several inches. From the back, it seems to look a little strange. Does anybody else have this issue? Is this normal for saddlebag brackets?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
they are suppose to keep the bag from your bike . Even when bulging.

If you want you prolly can bend them flatter. that is if you have the shaped rod kind. I bent one of mind a little more away on the muffler side.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
yeah i had that problem... i ditched the chrome guards and fabbed up some steel backing for the bags... .click the link in my sig for the details.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice everybody. I just bent them in a little. It actually bent the bolts that hold them on, but they are different bolts that I had to use to get some long enough. Might be difficult to get them off later, but they work now. :D

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
amad said:
I put on my saddlebag support brackets and then put on my throw over saddlebags. The bags angle away from the bike at the bottom several inches. From the back, it seems to look a little strange. Does anybody else have this issue? Is this normal for saddlebag brackets?
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
amad said:
Thanks for the advice everybody. I just bent them in a little. It actually bent the bolts that hold them on, but they are different bolts that I had to use to get some long enough. Might be difficult to get them off later, but they work now. :D
haha nice.....

looking at your sig, how the hell do you go from a busa down to a ninja 250???????

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
If you have saddlebag supports, why don't you just cut off the throwover straps and mount the bags on the bolts for the saddlebag supports/fender struts. Normally, throwover bags sit higher up on the fender than bolted bags. Also throwover sometimes start rubbing on the fender finish for that bare plastic finish. I have Kuryakyn throwovers that I cut the throwover part and mounted them to the fender struts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhL0aTeR said:
amad said:
haha nice.....

looking at your sig, how the hell do you go from a busa down to a ninja 250???????
It's a long story about the Busa to a Ninja 250, but basically, I loved the Busa, but it had so much unusable power it was ridiculous. Plus, it got about 30 mpg. My wife had an 05 Ninja 250 and I loved riding that. It was so light that it was more fun riding that than the Busa. It is more fun to ride a small bike fast than a fast bike slow. So I sold the Busa to get the new 08 Ninja 250 and love it (although some Busa owners say I should be shot on sight and buried). What do you think? I noticed you have a Busa.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
amad said:
PhL0aTeR said:
amad said:
haha nice.....

It's a long story about the Busa to a Ninja 250, but basically, I loved the Busa, but it had so much unusable power it was ridiculous. Plus, it got about 30 mpg. My wife had an 05 Ninja 250 and I loved riding that. It was so light that it was more fun riding that than the Busa. It is more fun to ride a small bike fast than a fast bike slow. So I sold the Busa to get the new 08 Ninja 250 and love it (although some Busa owners say I should be shot on sight and buried). What do you think? I noticed you have a Busa.
im with the "some busa owners"... any last words?

lol..... nah, to each their own, but i might contest the words "unusable power" and 30mpg.... Ive used all my power, pushed it to the limits, and if you are riding it slow, you should be getting WAY better than 30mpg, as i ride the dogsh!t outta mine and i get 38-45. buuuuuuuuuut i guess if one were to follow the law to the letter, the busa would have "unusable opower" as you put it.... i tend to push those limits though.... lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts