Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed my saddlebags and brackets today (got a nice reflective backpack to use instead).

In looking for ways to hide/ decorate the rear fender bolt (the one that held the rear of the pillion) I see discussion about the saddlebag bolts having to go back in.

PLEASE tell me that these bolts dont hold the rear fender in place? I just rode 40 miles without those side bolts and am now freaking out that Im going to have an issue riding home.

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
If their the ones that go through the chrome strut and into the fender well, yes they must go back in. Two of, on either side.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
You musta missed the "never take all 4 fender bolts out " thread :)

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clearly I missed that thread. OK, will the fender hold long enough to get back home? I noticed that when I was taking the bolts out, two of them had nuts welded to the underside of the fender, but the two rear holes did not.

Am I going to lose my fender riding home??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Home was 40 miles away. Made it home fine.

Today I managed to get the two threaded bolts into the fender without any difficulty. Now my question is...has anyone come up with any good ways to hide/ disguise the rear seat bolt?

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Vitare, glad you made it home & got the bolts in without anything falling off.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a question inreguards to this topic and I hope I am not hiJackin it. I have a c50T and though of taking the bags off of it for a while. Am I ok in doing it as long as I dont take both bags off at the same time and by that I mean have all 4 bolts out at the same time? If I take 1 bag off at a time and replace the bolts am I safe?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Why would you take all 4 out at the same time??? Just do one side at a time. You will need to move the fender around a little to get them back in but they will go.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Ya, take out one side at a time.
A tip to help going back in:
Use an alignment pin or a screw driver that goes thru the bolt hole to help keep the fender rails ( needed to support the subframe), plastic fender and steel subframe in alignment and give you a lever to wiggle with when putting a bolt in.

as to the hole; a fender bib?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Do they make a quick connect that could be put on so you dont have to take bolts out everytime for the c50T stock bags?
Nope, only the 2 aftermarket kits for all side bags.
Easybracket and ghostmounts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Do they make a quick connect that could be put on so you dont have to take bolts out everytime for the c50T stock bags?
reverse the bolts...then use wing nuts, google the internet you'll find information, Mocc Mike used to have a kit for that purpose..

I've used the Easy Off Brackets for 3 bikes now, wouldn't be without them.....150 bucks or thereabouts...and well worth it

·
Registered
453 Posts
reverse the bolts...then use wing nuts, google the internet you'll find information, Mocc Mike used to have a kit for that purpose..

I've used the Easy Off Brackets for 3 bikes now, wouldn't be without them.....150 bucks or thereabouts...and well worth it
Will they work with the stock bags on my 50t or will I have to buy different bags?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts