Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I introduce to you Rodr! He is the handsome one on the left with the silver Suzuki Burgman 400. Rod recently became a VR member and I had the pleasant opportunity to ride the Napa Valley with him this past Sunday (4-13-08).

Right now he's riding the Burgie, but someday hope to "graduate" to the C50! :lol: (Just kiddin' Rod!)

Rod lives in nearby Fairfield, CA, so future rides are scheduled for the future.

If any VR Family are visiting/passing through the Napa Valley... drop me a PM and I'll give ya a 4-5hr tour of the valley!

Ken

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
hey is that you on the right!??!?!?

ohhh and did you see this pic

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
oops.. and welcome to our new friend....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep... saw the pic Jules... thanks so much.

Actually, Saturday night, I was cleaning up the bike (getting ready for the ride with Rod on Sunday morning) and I was thinking of you (don't tell the hubby). I got down and polished the bell (your bell).

I hope all is well. Great to see you posting again. :wink:

Ken

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
bikerboy said:
Yep... saw the pic Jules... thanks so much.

Actually, Saturday night, I was cleaning up the bike (getting ready for the ride with Rod on Sunday morning) and I was thinking of you (don't tell the hubby). I got down and polished the bell (your bell).

I hope all is well. Great to see you posting again. :wink:

Ken
you can ring my bell anytime! :) hehehe :).. I showed rick the XOXOXO you wrote on the bell you sent... :) I said ohhh you know how those knights are LOL

so is that you up there in that picture with your friend???

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep... that's me! LOL! As you can tell, the sun was directly in our eyes when Rod's wife (Lucy) snapped the pic. I got my "squint" on.

Are you going to Ronnie's in June? If so, you can get a "hug" in person... granted, if Rick approves.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
bikerboy said:
Yep... that's me! LOL! As you can tell, the sun was directly in our eyes when Rod's wife (Lucy) snapped the pic. I got my "squint" on.

Are you going to Ronnie's in June? If so, you can get a "hug" in person... granted, if Rick approves.
Ijust dont think I will be able to make it... big time for travel for me..
I will be in Reno in May, and in June I have a trip to Dallas and then Denver.. lots of trips... ... ughh :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aVOL2 said:
I will be in Reno in May(
When in May... Reno is within travel distance (about 5hrs) for me... hmmm, will you be in Reno long enough for a (quick) visit? (No Rick, not a quickie)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whoa, just noticed this thread - thanks Ken!

I can testify that the Bikerboy is a great tour guide. And those Napa back roads are a whole lotta fun.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
bikerboy said:
aVOL2 said:
I will be in Reno in May(
When in May... Reno is within travel distance (about 5hrs) for me... hmmm, will you be in Reno long enough for a (quick) visit? (No Rick, not a quickie)
I am flying in on Friday 5/16... show is Saturday thru 2-3pm I think.. and I fly out early Sunday morning... I have all Saturday night !!!

check your PM ken

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
is that a K6 berg? I see It has a passenger back rest and a luggage rack so it isn't a K7

·
Premium Member
11,856 Posts
welcome rod! nice looking burger you've got there :)

going from a burgman to a C50 isn't unheard of - a friend of my dad's did just that! though he moved from a burgman 650 (burger king :wink: ) as opposed to from the 400.. :p

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
mistressk said:

going from a burgman to a C50 isn't unheard of - a friend of my dad's did just that! though he moved from a burgman 650 (burger king :wink: ) as opposed to from the 400.. :p

cheers!

-mistress k
Gee I do it all time! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boxwrench said:
is that a K6 berg? I see It has a passenger back rest and a luggage rack so it isn't a K7
It's a 2003, Got it used on March 28. The back rest, luggage rack and Clearview windshield were added on by the previous owner.

The original plan was my wife would learn to ride it, and then I'd eventually move up. But I'm finding this one to be surprisingly enjoyable!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I had to settle for a givi shield as Clearview draged their AZZ in making a K7 shield.

On the K7 you can't have a rack and a rest it's either or, I went rack.

Funny How they put 2 front discs on my 400 and 1 on my c50 which is bigger and heavier.

The K7 has many improvements over the older ones, except for the clutch. Go to BergmanUSA.com and you will a simuliar site there like VR w/ alot of knowlegeble people

·
Registered
20 Posts
mistressk said:

Thanks MK - yeah I fear I'll forget how to shift.

But I had a nice surprise at the gas pump after my outing with Ken: 73 MPG!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang! I was gassing up after a day with Rod (160+ miles) from Napa to Fairfield, through the Napa Valley, up to Middletown, back down through the valley, on to Fairfield and back home to Napa.

I averaged 40mpg for the day. Not bad... but not 73mpg! :shock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts