Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us got on our bikes and rode out to Birmingham today. It wasn't a special ride, a lot of the same roads we've ridden before, but this time it wasn't the trip, it was the destination. We rode out there to test ride the Indian motorcycles. We really wanted to ride the Chieftan, but we just couldn't talk the dealership into letting us, but we did get to ride the Chief Vintage.

Let me tell you, it is one nice ride. Apparently the throttle is electronic, and the acceleration is smooth as butter. You can definitely feel the 111ci engine under you, but there's no jump to the throttle. I must say, if $20k was in my budget I'd have definitely left my C50 there and rode home on it.

A kick on this one is that it's a numbered bike. The one we ride was #675 off the assembly line. Apparently they numbered the first 1901 they made. It was definitely a great experience.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I like the brown. I don't do follow the leader. won't own a black motorcycle. I'd a been sol in model t days!!!!

·
Super Moderator
34,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That brown seat distinguishes the bike from all the others. You see a cruiser with a brown seat with fringe and you know it's an Indian. They had a black seat on the Chieftain, but I wouldn't buy an Indian without the brown.

As for the Scout, it doesn't get released until November. We're going back then as they're having a demo day that guarantees a ride on all 5 bikes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm going to do my best to go to the demo in Birmingham

·
Super Moderator
34,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe they aren't talking about the new Scout? Or maybe they just don't have a clue.
No, it's the demo truck. That's what's going to be in Birmingham in November. Right when I was talking about the Scout being released, I was referring to dealers having them for test rides and sell. We were riding a dealer bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The 2014 had a severe problem with the saddlebags fading and some are having a hard time getting relief from Indian. They made changes at the bag manufacturer. I hope they have corrected it as I am eyeing the new scout and would like the brown bags but at 1200 and if fading is an issue that changes everything. The demo truck for the dealer 100 mile from me in Columbus, OH will be there on Sept. 16,17 for demo rides and I plan on attending. Chuck

·
Registered
743 Posts
The 2014 had a severe problem with the saddlebags fading and some are having a hard time getting relief from Indian.
Indian is sending out Brown Leather Restore kits. I heard some good things and some really bad things about using it. I myself would like Indian either redye it or replace it. Like Alpha Dog mentioned its 1200.00 for the saddlebags but the seats are also affected. Indian needs to step up.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The Scout will be at my closest dealer on Sept. 27th. I plan to see it then.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Saw two scouts on Wednesday the 20th at Indian of Toledo. Sat on one in the showroom and another was outside running, but no test rides on them until demo days in a couple of weeks. Small, WAY lighter than a C50, sounds decent. Definitely a one up bike, but should scoot with 100 hp.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.