Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body got any expereience with these exhausts?

Spotted one for sale (ebay) - it is a 2 into 1 pipe (used). Said to be loud but not too loud (anybody got any opinions?). Also if I go ahead should I consider re-jetting (on a 2004 Volusia)?

Thanks for any assistance,

Keith

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
You will have to rejet
They are the quietest aftermarket exhaust but still have a rumble. Here they are on my old 04 Volusia

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
v0lusia said:
You will have to rejet
They are the quietest aftermarket exhaust but still have a rumble. Here they are on my old 04 Volusia
Thanks vOLusia,

yep that looks like the pipe but the one I am looking at has serrated down tubes going to the silencer and the standard end tips instead of, what I am guessing, is the slash cut.
Thought re-jetting would be required (though seller insists that he didn't bother!).
K

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I have had 3 sets of Roadhouse exhaust, 2 into 1 on C50 and M50, and doolies on a 1600 Kawisaki. For my money, the low rumble of a Roadhouse muffler sounds better than any other aftermarket exhaust on these 800's, but as they say they are not loud. You can order them with different tips and smooth shields or serrated shields. The serrated are polished stainless and will turn slightly yellow in time, but there is supposed to be some product that will remove that. Check the link.
http://www.roadhousebrand.com/
They are a jigsaw to put together, just take your time and be prepared to adjust and reposition things to get them looking right.
doolies on a 1600 Kawasaki

2 into 1 on a C50

2 into 1 with a short aftermarket muffler (that was loud :lol: )

I took a 2 into 1 system, fabricated a crossover pipe and added a muffler to the right side for a dual system. The Roadhouse 2 into 1 is the base system I added to.

After installing doolie mufflers and shark fin tips.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Hello! I'm not an expert in all this yet, but I'm interested in such questions. I esteem your opinions, I think it will come in handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts