Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Roadhouse 2 to1 pipes

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  wiseguydave 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of adding the Roadhouse 2-1 and was wondering about sound. My stock pipes have been de-baffled/de-mickeyed. Would the new pipe set-up sound be louder or not. I like the idea of improved performance but also don't want to make my bike any quieter. Louder is okay. Any opinions?

#8 ·
Chaplain said:
The only thing I did not like about the Road House 2-1 pipes was the flex look they have coming off the cylinders. I 'd much rather had a totally smooth look myself.
They are available with your choice of smooth or serrated heat shields on the header pipes.

#9 ·
yoda43 said:
Chaplain said:
The only thing I did not like about the Road House 2-1 pipes was the flex look they have coming off the cylinders. I 'd much rather had a totally smooth look myself.
They are available with your choice of smooth or serrated heat shields on the header pipes.
See pics in my gallery. I have the smooth version.

#10 ·
Queen of the Hill said:
yoda43 said:
Chaplain said:
See pics in my gallery. I have the smooth version.
SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! Somehow I missed that option! :oops:

#13 ·
Chaplain said:
The only thing I did not like about the Road House 2-1 pipes was the flex look they have coming off the cylinders.
It sure is funny how people's tastes vary. The serrated shields, or the "flex look" as you call it, were the reason I bought the pipes in the first place. This picture from Jayburdd's gallery was what sold me on the look...

Now, no one can deny how perfect those serrated shields look, next to that Hurricane Kit. Awesome!

Too bad keeping them clean is such a chore, though. Many months ago, I remember Wild Man mentioning in a thread, about a type of coating that could be applied to the serrated shields that would guarantee their original color. Can't remember what he said it was, but it sounded cheap enough to take into consideration, if one was to purchase the system with the serrated shields.

-Slim

#15 ·
Slimbone said:
Chaplain said:
The only thing I did not like about the Road House 2-1 pipes was the flex look they have coming off the cylinders.
It sure is funny how people's tastes vary. The serrated shields, or the "flex look" as you call it, were the reason I bought the pipes in the first place. This picture from Jayburdd's gallery was what sold me on the look...

Now, no one can deny how perfect those serrated shields look, next to that Hurricane Kit. Awesome!

Too bad keeping them clean is such a chore, though. Many months ago, I remember Wild Man mentioning in a thread, about a type of coating that could be applied to the serrated shields that would guarantee their original color. Can't remember what he said it was, but it sounded cheap enough to take into consideration, if one was to purchase the system with the serrated shields.

-Slim
You're right, Slim! The serrated and the hurricane do have a nice look together. I've only seen serrated once on a bike and they were so dirty and discolored that it probably prejudiced me ever since. Guess I will have to temper my previous comment.

#17 ·
Slimbone said:
wiseguydave said:
You're right, Slim! The serrated and the hurricane do have a nice look together. I've only seen serrated once on a bike and they were so dirty and discolored that it probably prejudiced me ever since.
Yeah, it was probably mine! :biglaugh:
:biglaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.