Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was mentioned in another forum and though I would ask here.
Do your handlebars twist on the rubber mounts? I installed Barons risers right after I got he Vol and the risers twist on the rubber vib bushings. Sometimes, when parked, I'll give the handlebars a sideways jerk to straighten them out. The riser bolts are as tight as I can get them.
It's not really a problem while riding but just doesn't seem right.
Do your stock risers allow your handlebars to twist ?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Bill,

My bars are rock solid and square to the bike.
All I have are Spacer Jims spacers under my stock risers.

Are the bolts holding the risers down the right thread diameter for the risers?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Riser

I have Phat Risers on my C50. I didn't use the rubber spacers under the risers because they would cause the risers to twist. I used the rubber washers on the lower end of the studs.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Riser

Raygun said:
I have Phat Risers on my C50. I didn't use the rubber spacers under the risers because they would cause the risers to twist. I used the rubber washers on the lower end of the studs.
I may take a look at re-mounting mine without the top rubber.
I dug my stock risers out and took a hard look at them. I noticed that the bottom has a cup machined into it where it swallows the top rubber and sets against the tree. My Barons are flat on the bottom and rest on top of the rubber. This is why there is so much twisting going on.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

Windburn Bill said:
Raygun said:
I dug my stock risers out and took a hard look at them. I noticed that the bottom has a cup machined into it where it swallows the top rubber and sets against the tree. My Barons are flat on the bottom and rest on top of the rubber. This is why there is so much twisting going on.
the instructions on the show chrome even tell ya DONT use all the washers.. I think I had three stock on the bike... ...

·
Registered
458 Posts

Windburn Bill said:
Raygun said:
I have the Barons risers. They twisted after about a two weeks after install. I loosened them up and then retightend.....no more issues. I resused the rubber tops from the stockers. I think it makes a difference to loosen them up and then retightend instead of just baning them into positon and cranking down on them, Also use a long wrench or socker handle this helps to get some muscle into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts