Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the reach is bothering my back. I'm having to lean too far forward to really appreciate the seat but I don't want to get ride of the seat. So what are my options? I don't want to recable. If a anyone has pics of riser /pivoting risers or aftermarket bars please post so I can get some ideas btw here's her with the new seat ImageUploadedByMO Free1393119906.458755.jpg

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Look in the swapmeet. 4" Barron set back risers. I happen to know the seller very well. Also search Grasshopper backrest. A must have. Mustang will push you forward not backward. Don't know why your having to lean forward.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look in the swapmeet. 4" Barron set back risers. I happen to know the seller very well. Also search Grasshopper backrest. A must have. Mustang will push you forward not backward. Don't know why your having to lean forward.

I'm a small guy 5'8 134lb and with the stock seat it isn't as deep as this new one is so if I slide my butt far enough back to where my back is touching the "lumbar support" I have to lean and I'm barely out of my reach for comfort. And on those Barron's would I have to recable??

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If I remember correctly, the mustang pushed me forward and upward an inch in each direction. You can raise your bars up to 2 inches with risers without re-cabling but will have to move the brake line out of the grommet on the fork bracket, just pop the hose back in after installing risers.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The risers were on my '03 Vol. No cableing problems. I believe the '07's are short.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Now the reach is bothering my back. I'm having to lean too far forward to really appreciate the seat but I don't want to get ride of the seat. So what are my options? I don't want to recable. If a anyone has pics of riser /pivoting risers or aftermarket bars please post so I can get some ideas btw here's her with the new seat View attachment 40537
Jim's Spacers

·
Registered
770 Posts
I had Jim's spacers on my 07 n my 03 neither needed new cables and there was plenty of cable left over. Due to the angle it does bring the bars a little closer to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered kens shape master spacers. I did some looking up and even tho the mustang moves up up and closer the seat makes you lean back more

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just attempted to put on risers last night. Make sure you do the bottom bolts first, if you are a complete moron like me you will take the bars off first and then while trying to take the bottom nuts off I twisted the clamp and cant get it back. Im going to need some help. Im really quite ticked off about and is why I don't work on my bike because I suck at it.

These were minimal rising over stock (1") and as much pull back towards me as I could find, (1.5")

Suzuki Intruder Volusia Boulevard Chrome 5" Risers | eBay

·
Registered
624 Posts
I just attempted to put on risers last night. Make sure you do the bottom bolts first, if you are a complete moron like me you will take the bars off first and then while trying to take the bottom nuts off I twisted the clamp and cant get it back. Im going to need some help. Im really quite ticked off about and is why I don't work on my bike because I suck at it.

These were minimal rising over stock (1") and as much pull back towards me as I could find, (1.5")

Suzuki Intruder Volusia Boulevard Chrome 5" Risers | eBay
can you keep twisting them until they line up again? then you can put the handlebars bad in to hold them tight.

Also, I've use my 1" dumbells to keep them from spinning before.

·
Registered
150 Posts
can you keep twisting them until they line up again? then you can put the handlebars bad in to hold them tight.

Also, I've use my 1" dumbells to keep them from spinning before.
I could not last night because the tire pulls with the bars (instead of against when I was turning the other way). I need someone to try and hold the tire while I try and twist it back. the dumbbell is a good idea I was thinking either a piece of pipe or just putting the clamps back on and putting a long wrench through it see if that works.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I could not last night because the tire pulls with the bars (instead of against when I was turning the other way). I need someone to try and hold the tire while I try and twist it back. the dumbbell is a good idea I was thinking either a piece of pipe or just putting the clamps back on and putting a long wrench through it see if that works.
Put the clamp back on. Put the bar in the clamp. Or any straight bar. Don't try to hold the wheel. Turn the wheel to the right to the stop. The two bolts are VERY tight. (been there, done that). Hold the bar so it does not continue to spin. Another pair of hands will help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts