Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 c50t classic. I bought cheep risers from Ebay and they hit my speedo housing. They are 3 1/2 up and 1 1/2 pullback. I added another 1/2 inch spacer and its about the same. Looked at my buddy's bike and he has fat II risers on his, and looks like those would hit too. So I'm hoping someone on here knows of riser that will fit my bike. 09 or newer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you tryin to get them closer or jus raising the bars up. You could always turn them 180° jus a thought an my .02 worth

Country Boy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to get the bars closer. I like the way they feel now but they hit. And the bars won't lock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got 6" risers, they clear no problems.

If the bar won't clamp up cut a coke can into some 1/2 inch wide x 1" long strips and use them as shims.
Ozrider,
what type of 6 inch risers do you have? I'm looking at going higher and having more pull back on my 2011 C50T. I currently have two inch spacers with stock risers - 4 inch total. I want to ensure if I go higher the stock cables will be long enough. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ozrider,
what type of 6 inch risers do you have? I'm looking at going higher and having more pull back on my 2011 C50T. I currently have two inch spacers with stock risers - 4 inch total. I want to ensure if I go higher the stock cables will be long enough. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I have these, but I have Drag Bars not standard bars so my cables are not an issue. I wanted less pullback as I was already sitting bolt upright.

6" Chrome Steel Round Motorcycle Handlebar Risers FOR Custom Chopper Cruisers | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Did they enlarge the speedo housing on the new bikes? I had 4" risers 1" pull back Barron risers my 03 Vol and they worked just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes in 09 they changed the speedo housing. And less room for the pull back risers. Mine hit the top of the housing and wont let the steering lock. I'm looking for more pull back. I added a new Saddlemen Explorer seat and it sits me back even more. Great seat by the way.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have the Aeromach risers on my 2009. They do not hit the housing but bring the bars back enough to give a comfortable feel. I am 5' 8" tall.

These PullBack Risers place your hands into a natural comfort zone by raising the bars 2" and putting your grip point 1-1/2" closer to you, while allowing you to retain your stock throttle and brake cables.

Our PullBack Risers come with their own split caps for mounting. The PullBack Risers are simple to install and best of all, do not require any drilling of the triple clamps!

They are pricey but worth the money. Nice meaty look. Check them out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still at a loss on what risers to buy for my 2012 c50t classic. Any help from someone with an 09 or newer with risers, would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 2012 c50t classic. I bought cheep risers from Ebay and they hit my speedo housing. They are 3 1/2 up and 1 1/2 pullback. I added another 1/2 inch spacer and its about the same.
If you can't return them and would like to sell them, I would be interested. You have any pictures of what they look like? Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts