Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tanker and i just found out that a friend of ours, with whom tanker used to work, died off the coat of hawaii on tuesday. he had moved to hawaii a couple of years ago, just after he was married..

he was found in the water, having apparently broken his neck while diving into the water. instant paralysis resulted, and he drowned. johnny was a tall, strong farm boy who grew up swimming in the pool in his parents backyard - the fact that he could drown under these circumstances lets you know it could happen to anyone.

there are a few news articles about it..

honolulu advertiser

maui news

KGMB9.com

honolulu advertiser #2

rest in peace johnny...you will be missed, my friend..

(2nd from the left, beside tanker)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
:cry: Wow, that's tough. With deepest sympathy. May God give you peace and comfort in this time of grief.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
So sorry to hear this. May your memories one day bring you peace.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thoughts and prayers your way K - sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
sorry to here this, my thoughts are with you both.
when i here stuff like this it makes me wanna go home immediately
and give my kids a big hug.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your condolences guys...it's just really hard to believe that larger-than-life johnny is gone, especially this way...he's a couple of years younger than i am, and was one of the most vital people i've ever met...i feel horrible that we haven't seen him since a dropkick murphys show back in november 2005, but he moved to san diego about 2 weeks after that, and then to hawaii, so it's been hard keeping in touch..

i feel awful for his wife, to whom he'd been married 2 years or less, and his family (whom we know slightly - we spent some time out on their farm with johnny before he moved away).. :(

i just really wish i had a photo of him doing a trick he used to do every payday friday when we'd go out to the pub with the boys from the warehouse...he'd take a full pint of guinness, suction it to his face, then stand up with his head tilted back and take the whole pint in one go...incredibly impressive to watch, and totally in character for him...he was always such a fun lad to have around - real "life of the party" type..

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
we'll be thinking about y'all today, k. johnny was lucky to have friends like y'all. may he r.i.p. and join you in a better place some day.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
My condolences to Tanker and you MK. :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
sorry

sorry to hear about the loss. I will keep the family in our prayers and thoughts. I know how you feel right now.. I to have lost friends that were larger than life for the most part and that makes life just to damn tough sometimes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts