Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one else here knows him, but I felt like I wanted to say goodbye to my friend this way.

When I started riding I wanted a group to ride with. I found meetup.com and joined a group on there called Southern Cycles. I went to a ride and met David, who was the organizer of the group. David was an older guy with a bald head, a gray goatee and a bit of a raspy voice. It didn't take me long to find out that he also had a heart of gold. He cared about everyone a lot and took me under his wing, like a big brother, to help me learn how to ride.

David didn't even own a car, just a Harley, and he rode it every day, at least that's what he'd tell you. Once you got to know him, you'd find out that he stole his wife's car when it was raining a lot or got too cold to put up with.

Being the organizer of the group, David proclaimed himself to be "The King", and we all went along with it. Of course, we all knew that "The Queen", his wife, was the one really running the show.

We had some great times, and some great rides. I'll miss you, brother. Maybe one day we'll get to ride again. :cry:

This was David posing for a pic just before we rode the Dragon back in 2014

We convinced the restaurant at the Tail of the Dragon to let us hang our group flag on their wall.
Haven't been up there in a few years, but it was there for at least 3 years.
Who knows, maybe you've seen it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,093 Posts
sounds like a great guy as well as a good friend...prayers to his wife and those close to him.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to mention, but apparently he went out to mow the grass this morning and a jogger found him laying in the yard unconscious. I haven't found out for sure yet, but I'm going to guess he had a heart attack.

You never know when it's your time, guys. Hug your family like it's the last time you'll ever see them every time. You never know when it actually will be.

·
Super Moderator
58,824 Posts
Sorry for your loss. He had great taste in bikes ;)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts