Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right side cover heat shield tape necessary?

I just replaced side covers with chrome ABS. Is heat shielding tape needed? If so, any ideas of what I should use?

Thanks.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
although its only been a few weeks into the season, i have not seen any problems with the chrome side covers needing heat wrap or tape.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
But the engineers put it there! Doesn't that imply that it's needed?! :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
v01rider said:
although its only been a few weeks into the season, i have not seen any problems with the chrome side covers needing heat wrap or tape.
Same here. I'm just wondering if Summer temps will help the one to "cook" due to being so close to the pipe?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
TNrookie said:
But the engineers put it there! Doesn't that imply that it's needed?! :lol:
Rookie, the engineers didn't put a stebel horn on the bike, Doesn't that imply that it's not needed? :wink:

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of the plastic wind deflector above the radiator, the fake swingarm, etc.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
TNrookie said:
I was thinking more along the lines of the plastic wind deflector above the radiator, the fake swingarm, etc.
hey, i still have mine installed and i have no front fender. i am glad i have that thing installed or the wind would not hit my rad. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tape??? We don't need no stinkin' tape!

I think someone mentioned that there is something installed on the right side in California bikes, so you probably don't need it unless the bike moves there.

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
TNrookie said:
The swingarm is fake?????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts