Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best mods I put on my bike was the rear turn signal conversion kit to brake lights. Low and behold I noticed this morning my tail light was out. Thankfully I had my 2 signals operating as brake and turn signals. Its as dangerous as hell riding with zero rear lights. I think its wise move to carry extra bulbs with you in case you are far from home and your brake lights go out.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Worst accident I was ever in and the worst day of my life. Was when I was riding with my father in law and we came around a curve upon a car stopped in the road attempting to turn left with not a single light on the car.

·
Super Moderator
33,484 Posts
That's one of the reasons I added a light bar. My worst fear is being in the mountains at night and my ONE headlight goes out.

With this blinker conversion, how do the lights operate? If I turn on the right blinker and hit the brakes, does the right work as a blinker and the left work as a brake light? Do they even operate as brake lights, or just running lights?

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I always carry extra bulbs and fuses! Ditto to the highway lights, as added protection against the headlight going out! (I carry a spare headlight bulb anyway!)

·
Registered
800 Posts
I run the high beam during the day and the low beam at night that way I extend the life span of the low beam, occasionally I will use the high beam when I'm in a remote area at night but don't need it much

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's one of the reasons I added a light bar. My worst fear is being in the mountains at night and my ONE headlight goes out.

With this blinker conversion, how do the lights operate? If I turn on the right blinker and hit the brakes, does the right work as a blinker and the left work as a brake light? Do they even operate as brake lights, or just running lights?
The rear turn signals act as brake lights/stay on all the time and also work as turn signals, best of all worlds, I also painted the amber lens reds, looks sharp....I cant remember where I got it back on 08 when I bought the bike, I'm sure someone here knows

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I too wouldn't want to ride without a brake light. My Mutazu trunk supplies auxillary lighting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.