Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a buddy of mine and I are riding out of Toronto down and around the finger lakes, New York in late May. I'm looking for any suggestions or opinions for the trip. We are planning for four days, three nights round trip.

Look forward to getting some feedback.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you like a bit of easy but fascination hiking, I'd recommend a stop off at the Gorge at Watkins Glen State Park at the Southern Tip of Seneca Lake.
Watkins Glen State Park

If you like wineries, well, they're all over the area. Take your pick

Museums: A little south of the Finger Lakes is the Corning Museum of Glass.
Corning Museum of Glass

At the Southern end of Lake Keuka, there's a charming little town called Hammondsport
Village of Hammondsport, NY – The official website of the Village of Hammondsport, NY
The Glenn H. Curtiss Aviation Museum is there, too
Glenn H. Curtiss Aviation Museum - Aviation History / Naval Aviation / Early Aviation - Finger Lakes - Hammondsport, NY

The above are all places I've visited in the past. With all the coronovirus precautionary closures, I'd call ahead of time, of course.
It's a nice area of the country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I second Menhir's suggestion of the Gorge at Watkins Glen and the Corning Museum of Glass. If you have the time and funds, you might also consider a glider ride at the National Soaring Museum in Elmira. Of course, all are contingent on current restrictions due to Covid-19. I hope you get to make the trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts