Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After our get together this weekend for lunch there is still interest in riding around Rhode Island. Since some of us are a little out of the way for the ShoeFly Pie ride on the sixth, we thought we could try this ride again on June 6th and 7th as the rain date.

Meet at the Welcome Rest Center on I-295 North bound side in Lincoln Rhode Island. KSU at 09:30 AM

Here are the addresses:

1460 Ocean Rd, Narragansett, RI 02882, USA
Beavertail Rd, Jamestown, RI 02835, USA
Newport Harbor Lighthouse, Newport, RI 02840, USA - This is a drive by from the bridge, you can see the small lighthouse from the bridge
800-870 Ocean Ave, Newport, RI 02840, USA - Might be switched out for Fort Adam's will see what the group says.
82 East Main Road Middletown, RI for Becky's BBQ
Riverside, RI 02915, USA

Total ride with stops I am estimating will take 6 to 7 hours? If it was a straight ride it should take between 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Any one interested?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish it was the following weekend...committed to the Pie Run.
Ken, anytime you want to ride it and I am free, I will go with you! Have a nice piece of pie for me.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: smokeater

·
Registered
950 Posts
Have to pass on this. Tough juggling weekend riding with family time, especially with Yankee coming up in a few weeks. Sounds like a great route, have a great time everyone.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, what are you guys thinking? Risk the ride or push it off one day to what they say could be the better day? I am game for either.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I’m ok moving it to sunday

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, Sunday it is... same time

Reactions: smokeater

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still planning on being there for 9:00 am with KSU at 9:30 am

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
What route are you taking to pt Judith? I live in East Greenwich right off of route 4. Probably won’t go up to Lincoln and back down if I can just meet up with you on the way

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking, 295 south to 95 south to 4 and into Point Judith. Where would you like to pick you up?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
There’s a park n ride right off of exit 6 ( rt 2) And just past the park n ride is a Cumberland farms if you guys need gas or coffee, just past the park n ride is Allies Donuts but the line will be around the building in the morning.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There’s a park n ride right off of exit 6 ( rt 2) And just past the park n ride is a Cumberland farms if you guys need gas or coffee, just past the park n ride is Allies Donuts but the line will be around the building in the morning.
Cumbies is good around 10:00? Or a little after that depending on traffic.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys, I am going to have to bang out. As you can tell, it is very early in the morning Paula ended up in the hospital and has to go through some test. I won’t be in any shape to ride later this morning.

·
Super Moderator
58,222 Posts
Hope she feels better real soon Carl!

Now don't you wish you came here for pie yesterday Dennis. You could have done both you know.

·
Super Moderator
20,795 Posts
sorry to read that Carl...hope she's ok...keep us posted as to how she's doing...we'll do this ride another day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts