Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
Ron slipped on a tar snake yesterday when he put his foot down at a traffic stop. He messed up his LCL and is having an MRI on it today. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I took a 140 mile test ride today that included a trip to Long Island's Montauk Point. The bike performed beautifully and I returned home with all parts still attached.

I took a little time to putt around the neighborhood just to get re acquainted with riding again. This is the longest that I have not ridden a bike in over 8 years. It sure felt good to ride again.

Chris and krislord, I think I will keep the old wind deflectors. I can use them as a template if I ever need to replace one or use them if need be.

·
Registered
20,582 Posts
Glad your back on 2 wheels and the ride went smooth. Happy to hear everything is still attached.

Reactions: Rich H

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
yyyaaayyy !!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
must have felt great rich...glad to see things are back to normal for you.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Glad to hear you got Dr. Pepper back. The Goodies look great! It's been tempting to get out on the bike considering the mild temps. Just not warm enough to or want to be out bad enough! March will be here before we now it and the bike will be in my garage ready.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
It turns out the Montauk had salted the roads a few days ago and in some places it was wet salt and in others it was the white powder. The bike was a mess. I hate salt. I gave the bike a good washing yesterday, including the underside, to get it all off. Looks nice a clean now.

·
Super Moderator
8,944 Posts
Oh, gosh, I hate that. Just once I rode my bike over roads that had been salted. It seemed like I was cleaning the stuff out of the cracks and crevasses forever.

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
made the mistake once on my first c90 and didn't clean the bike off immediately after riding on salt covered roads...big mistake..make that...

HUGE MISTAKE.....

...pitting started to show very quickly. Needless to say..lesson learned...don't have the time to clean the bike after riding in those conditions...don't take the bike out for a ride.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts