Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
I bet that a-hole was surprised when he pulled over in a secluded spot to assess the damage and realise he left his plate at the scene. May as well leave his wallet too because you will be getting into it :p

I hope your right. Never know on Long Island though.

I have a friend that was fishing at night. Another boat came thru and hit him, blew right thru the side of his boat, at night. Only thing that saved my friend is that him and his buddy boat jumped into the ocean seconds before the crash.

Driver of the boat that hit him shut off his running lights and drove away, while these guys are in the water screaming.

Another nearby boat pulled them from the water. The boat is a total loss. Couple of days later they found the boat that hit him, local police and harbor master is covering for the guy, seems he's a prominent guy in Long Island, no charges have been filed.

No lawyer will touch the case as there were no injuries and the boat was valued at only 10K - not enough money in it for them.

Rich, in your case hopefully your association with the blue knights will help bring the dirtbag to justice.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Glad you're okay, Rich. Get every penny you can from that P.O.S. Make sure he remembers what a dirtbag he is every time he gets behind the wheel.

I hope the good Doctor only needs cosmetic work, and is road-worthy for next season.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Then there's always the possible "undocumented" and uninsured driver scenario . . . but let's hope for better.
That's the one I am afraid of, or a stolen car.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I am still feeling well. Just my left hand is a little stiff. I guess it was first to hit the pavement or perhaps the shock of the impact of my hand hitting the clutch perch. My hands must have hit both clutch and brake perches during the impact, because they are both knocked way out of adjustment on the handle bar.

I am playing phone tag with the officer working on the case. I am hoping he has some good news for me.

I have attached a drawing of the crash scene that I plan to give to my insurance company.

I am hoping to get the front end torn down to check for fork or roter damage. (Oh, I hope not).

Rich

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
57,618 Posts
That looks like a right turn only shaped island in that turn Rich and he turned left. Probably a right turn only sign in the parking lot if I am right.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That looks like a right turn only shaped island in that turn Rich and he turned left. Probably a right turn only sign in the parking lot if I am right.
I went back to the crash site today expecting to see a right only sign but there was none. Strange.

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Glad you alright Rich and nothing serious. Was the guy mad about the Mets losing last night? Bike can be replaced....We need our Rich H. Hats off to the witnesses for there help.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hi just catching up. Sounds like a crappy end to what was a nice ride. From the picture...I'm sure CVS would have cameras aimed there. Maybe something for caught on tape. Real sorry about your bike. Sounded like you spent a lot of time getting it just right..as you will again soon!!

·
Administrator
52,356 Posts
Rich,

Good to hear that You sustained no serious bodily injuries, though, it's tough to see Your ride damaged due to someone else's absolute carelessness.

If CVS has cameras perched about the outer store and parking lot, then the entire video incident should be on hard drive.
Don't wait very long to ask for evidence from the CVS security folks, because those DVR security hard drives record over the previous footage, every so many days.
Bring along a good flash drive, because the security DVR's generally have a USB port or two, and video footage can be accessed from those ports.

Who knows, there may even be a video of the perpetrator himself, as he enters his BMW.......now wouldn't that just frost his hit n' run butt?

·
Super Moderator
20,510 Posts
hope the plate was registered to that car and not a stolen plate...have the police contacted you yet about what they found out rich?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Glad you are OK Rich..... Dr P will be up and running like new for the 2016 season......

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
just saw this,Rich, happy to know you are ok. I hope everything works out in your favor.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Today I received a claim # from my insurance agent for the car owners insurance co. for my case. I should be hearing from them tomorrow. Once I was able to give my agent the plate # he went after the other insurance co. and got things rolling.

This morning the officer who is working on my case, stopped by and interviewed me and took pictures of my bike. He was heading to the other car's owners home to make contact. I haven't heard anything about how that went. I was told when the police originally went to the house, the day of the crash, no one was home.

I stopped at CVS to see if they could help with video but they only have one camera to cover the front door. Nothing for the parking lot.

So, at least something is happening. I hope they agree to have the front end torn down to check for a bent fork. The car did make contact with the right fork. That's what knocked Dr. Pepper down so fast.

Thanks for all your well wishes,

Rich.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Sorry you got hit. Did you even see it coming? Have time to do anything?

I am very glad you had the gear on and are doing okay. I'm sure you will be sore. Bummer about the bike...really frustrating and angryfying!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Looked at the picture of the scene...sad to see the classic left car turning in front of (or in this case, into) a motorcycle. Really hate this. So many people paying so little attention it is ridiculous.

21 - 40 of 153 Posts