Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to Orient Point today and had a wonderful day of riding until I was almost home and got hit by a car pulling out of the CVS drug store in East Patchogue. That ruined a beautiful day for me. It was a hit and run. The guy took off after hitting me with his BMW. I had two witnesses who stayed and gave information to the police. The impact knocked the front license plate off his car and I gave it to the police. They were going to go after him. I don't know what happened with that.

I am fine, I ended up laying in the street but did not get hurt at all. All my safety gear did its job of protecting me from the pavement but my bike, (Dr. Pepper), is banged up in the front end. The front fender and right lower wind deflector are shot and I don't know about the forks and brake roters. Every thing on the front of the bike is knocked way out of adjustment, mirrors, brake and clutch perches, foot pegs etc. The crash bars and saddlebag protective bars did their job of keeping the bike off the pavement. I was able to ride the bike home. Now I have to wait and see what happens with the insurance company.

Needless to say, I won't be riding for a while.

Rich Hansen

·
Administrator
16,308 Posts
That's sucks Rich, glad your OK. Hope they catch that SOB and prosecute him.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
If his plate got ripped off, he knew he hit you. Hope they nail him. In the meantime, keep the vitamin I nearby. Glad you were wearing gear!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad you are ok and that's the important thing!!! The bike can be replaced or fixed. Rest my friend. Gentle hugs ((((hugs))))

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Glad you are ok Rich! Hope the idiot gets the book thrown at him. Hope your recovery goes well, I have a feeling that you will be a bit sore....

·
Super Moderator
8,881 Posts
Oh, holy CHRIST, Rich!!!!! <<<ENORMOUS HUGS>>> I can't tell you how glad I am that you're OK.

Love the Doctor, but love you far, far more, my friend.

·
Super Moderator
20,475 Posts
sorry to read this rich...glad your ok and hope when you wake up tomorrow nothing will be hurting that isn't hurting now. Hope the insurance company's, both his and yours, make it right for you. Take care.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So sorry to hear you got hit. Very glad you were not hurt. Hope the insurance makes it right for you and Dr Pepper will be on the road again soon :)

·
Administrator
16,308 Posts
How are you feeling this morning Rich???

·
Registered
20,180 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt , Rich. Hope the police do their job and hang this person. Thank goodness they were careing people there to help you. I'll bet at least one of them was your guardian angel.
Rest up my friend

·
Registered
401 Posts
Glad you're OK Rich. If the bike is going to get buggered up, this is the time of year for it to happen. All winter to get it fixed and sorted out. License plate to the police.... nice, imagine he/she will get what's coming - Dan

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
He'll probably swear up and down that he/she didn't realize having hit a motorcycle. Glad to hear that you're doing okay considering the fact that you did get hit. Cross Roads are cool bikes, I know, ask me.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Oh Rich!! So sorry to hear this, but am SOOO glad that you appear to be OK! I'm sure you are a bit sore, if anything develops be sure to get checked out ASAP! Dr. Pepper can be fixed, you are what's important here! (((Hugs)))

·
Super Moderator
57,557 Posts
Aside from the accident God is good Rich. He protected you as well as gave you all the evidence you need to prosecute that runaway driver.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts