Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,519 Posts
make that 3...did do it in a car and remember on that long stretch 2 lane highway that went to the keys and you really can't go faster than 40 mph...took forever...was constantly in and out of heavy rain.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Wow the suffering he is doing down there. It is almost to much to watch...

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Wow the suffering he is doing down there. It is almost to much to watch...
Seriously....

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Seriously....

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
What??! Don't you see him suffering in the hot sun? So hot that he has to take refuge under a big umbrella and get a cool drink.

:biglaugh:

·
Administrator
52,366 Posts
So much sun down here during the last few days, that some of My (battery powered) landscape lights burn brightly until dawn.

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Latest update:

"Good morning all.

"Yesterday, my sister and brother in law took me on an airboat ride as a birthday present. It was great fun, saw lots of alligators.

"Attached are a couple of pictures. I am the one waving."

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Where you at Rich? I might want to test your bike.

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Greetings from sunny and very warm Florida.

Yesterday, I took a nice 130 mile ride on my bike. I left Micco and headed South on Rt.1A to Wabasso, West over the Intercostal Water Way, North on A1A along the ocean with a stop at Sabastian Inlet.

It took me over 3 cycles of the traffic light in one town to get past it but I didn't mind a bit. The town was full of young ladies running around in bikinis. I wasn't bored a bit.��

When I got to Port Canaveral, I saw several beautiful cruise ships and one just getting under way. At that point, I was heading West back towards the main land and Rt. 1A. South on 1A brought me back home after a stop at Home Depot and a gas station to top off the tank for my next ride.

Today, my sister, brother in law and I went to a shooting range to shoot 2 hand guns and a rifle.

Friday, My cousin, a neighbor of my sister and I are planning to head out on a 3 day trip to the Florida Keys.

The temps. have been 80 to 90 degrees.

The saddle bag protector rails that I ordered while we were in Daytona were just delivered so installing them will be my project for tomorrow.

That's it for now,

Rich

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So our buddy checked in today. :wayhappy:

Greetings again from sunny Florida.

Yesterday, I road to Blue Cyprus Lake and YeeHaw Junction. Yeehaw Junction is the meeting place for my cousin Charlie, my sisters neighbor Charley and myself for tomorrow's trip to the Florida Keys.

When I was ready to leave the lake, I thought it was too early to head home so I went to the inlet at Fort Pierce to check on the recovery barge that is trying to raise a barge that sank in the mouth of the inlet with the loss of one life about two weeks ago. I saw a diver jump off the recovery barge and was told they were trying to cut the sunken barge up to remove it from the inlet.

I returned home about 5:15pm. 140 delightful miles.

The temperature was about 90 inland and a little cooler at the coast. Another very nice day.

I am not looking forward to having to become re acclimated to the colder temps at home.

We will take a 3 day trip to the Keys, returning on Sunday night.

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
"The temperature was about 90 inland and a little cooler at the coast. Another very nice day."

Hey Rich.....

We usually only use the following words for Gregstur here in our Northeast group....but I think we can share them with you now.....seeing as its going to snow here tonight.

YOU SUCK!!!!!! :biglaugh:

Glad your having a great trip :shades:

·
Super Moderator
57,649 Posts
Rich got it all going on. He goes riding to Florida while his wife is at home shoveling snow and working to cover health insurance.

Does she have a sister Rich? :p

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This evening's update:

We made it safely to Key Largo today. We took a detour on the way to see Lake Okeechobee, boy that thing is large. 50 miles long.

Tomorrow morning, my cousin Charlie and I will head out to Key West for the day, returning to Key Largo to spend tomorrow night and start home Sunday morning. The other Charley, (my sister's neighbor), is staying with his sister here in Key Largo and we should meet up for the ride home.

Very warm today, again, about 85.

I hope to get some pictures tomorrow.

Rich

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
so jealous

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
"Success! We reached Key West today and did the tourist thing. The weather was again beautiful. In the mid to upper 80's. There were two large ships in port. That added to the people that arrived by car, made for quite a crowd but it was all good.

"Traveling over all the bridges was interesting trying to look around at all the islands, boats and beautiful homes and not drive off the road way.

"We are back at our motel in Key Largo and will be heading back home in the morning, Charlie to his on the West Coast and me to my sister's home in Micco.

"It has been a wonderful trip so far."

21 - 40 of 67 Posts