Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Super Moderator
Seafood and lots of it.

Administrator
Yep, but when in Mystic, with all it's great seafood places, I always have to stop by Mystic Pizza 馃崟 for a slice of heaven. Must be a Julia Roberts thing.

Super Moderator
maybe a visit to Salem, Mass this time of year is also worth a look into.

Registered
There's no good east/west route to get across CT, though I see you may not even be taking the bike. Like Jay mentioned, Mystic & Watch Hill are nice. Other than that, I'd keep heading through CT to RI.

Super Moderator
Personally I'd keep heading through RI to Cape Cod.

Registered
You guys know NOTHING!!!! There are some nice place to ride around Rhode Island! It is just that if you go to far you either go into another state or drive into the water. Paula and I have been tooling around the Cumberland Rhode Island area. Look for Diamond Hill Rhode Island. The road between the reservoir is nice to take a picture at if the natural resource officer does not throw you out for stopping. The Ice Cream Machine is nice to go to. It is across the street from the state park on 114. If you drive between the two bodies of water you will find Torrey Road or Reservoir Road is nice riding through old farm areas and some big houses going in. If you take Reservoir Road and go to the end and then take a right it will take you to Commonwealth BBQ in Wrentham Ma which is good. I have also found another BBQ place a little south and east of Woonsocket RI on 122 called Gotta Q BBQ.
Then you can do the loop around by Point Judith over the bridge to Newport and then from there, you can go up the east side of the river back to 195 and back into Rhode Island. If you do and you got a bit of cash you want to burn and have your bride love you for a couple of hours. I would suggest the Boat House in Tiverton and have a drink for Carlos.

These are the places I have been meandering to this season.

Enjoy Rhode Island

Reactions: e94racer

Registered

Super Moderator
Hey what do I know? Ed won't be riding though.

Super Moderator
yeah...I 2nd that...
I can't believe how you belittle me and constantly put me down since we don't have the same beliefs. (I just learned that line) Now I feel sad :(

Super Moderator
remember going to Carlos' for the afternoon and he took me to some Polish Mens Club for lunch...no women allowed...imagine that...that was in 2010 and still places where these rules still exist...anyway, looked at the menu and I asked him

me.... whats good here
him...lets see, todays saturday...house special is octupus soup
me....sounds disgusting
him...try it...you don't like it, order something else
me...I'll try it only cause you suggested it

so I order the soup...delicious...never saw it again on any menu in any place I have been. Miss Carlos...good guy.

Super Moderator
I can't believe how you belittle me and constantly put me down since we don't have the same beliefs. (I just learned that line) Now I feel sad :(
best remedy for feeling sad...take a Beezer Walk.

Super Moderator
I'm on the wagon so if I seem a little edgy lately........but I'll be off for Jay's party. You going?

Super Moderator
hey ed...could always take a ride on the ferry out of point judith if they are running to Block Island or Marth's Vineyard...then again better suggestion might be to visit the cape... head to PTown (Provincetown) and you'll probably see Beez leading the saturday nite parade down Main St...

Registered
Hey guys, Beezer and DCinCT stop hogging this thread with you brother vs brother bickering. We know you love each other

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #40
Thanx, capt. We've done Mystic, and the reason we are going there is for a fabric store. You may guess, correctly, this was not my selection.At least its another sticker for the map. that reminds me, I have to get a map. Also, it looks rainy, so no motorcycle. We may try Watch Hill. Beaches should be empty,too. HAHa.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts