Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a last minute camping /motorcycle trip to RI, any recommendations on good routes within the state? Arriving late Thursday, staying the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
If you go to Dennis's you're sure to have a......time. Fill in the blank. You'd probably enjoy it. To me it would be a drag. No offense :)

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
I was. Just stating the facts. I learned from the best :)

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
what thursday...this one...next one...the one after...?

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
I would say this one since it's probably the warmest one since he's camping.

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
eds a camper...a true camper...not a wimp...like you...a true camper doesn't worry about some cold...he plays the hand he's been dealt...that said...I unfortunately won't be in Ct this coming weekend...shame,,,would have been nice to see him.Then again if its not this coming weekend, it could work.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
Now Jughead, Ed is bringing his wife with him which is probably what the we meant in his post which you failed to miss as well. She isn't as tough as you and Ed. Have some respect for the other gender for God's sake!

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
other gender needs to toughen up somewhat...getting softer as the years go on...we won't go there tho...not now at least...and including me in Ed's class...never going to happen,,I'm the camper who brings his coffee machine, cooks on a mini gas grill, campsite hopefully offers electric so I can bring my dorm size cube fridge...hang strings of lites along the border of my site...looks like Toon Town...might even need the electrical availability to plug my electric blanket into...cold this time of year ya know...yep...I consider myself the modern day camper....or as you would probably say "Camping Wanna Be Wimp" and I'd have to agree with you.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
The proper term is "Glamping" :D

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
never heard of it...you just make it up?

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
No, that's what you described and it's known as glamping as in glamorous camping.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gee, I stepped away for a day and missed all the banter. Yes, its this Thursday , but no tent this time because my bride is coming along. In fact, it looks like rain, so maybe no bike. It seems like I always miss DC when I get up that way. I hate to say this but Beez got everything just about right.Now can someone actually give me an answer to my question about some nice areas to check out? We usually like to visit the highest point in the state, but 812 ft doesn't seem all that breathtaking.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
Here ya go Ed. I'll help you out:

·
Super Moderator
21,558 Posts
visit the mansions if they are open in Newport...interesting visit...you put on a headset as you go thru...even I enjoyed it...btw...might want to make sure out of staters are welcome right now...sorry to miss you again Ed...enjoy the trip.

·
Super Moderator
59,947 Posts
There doesn't really appear to be much at all going on in Rhode Island other than being by the water. Curious why you would pick that state.

·
Administrator
16,374 Posts
Other than Newport, and some fine beaches, not a lot going on.

Only other favorite place I used to like is Watch Hill but haven't been there in years. A nice hike in Watch Hill is walking out on Napatree point. Also a light house in Watch Hill, not sure it's open to the public.

Very close by in Mystic Ct is Mystic Seaport which is a pretty cool place, also an Aquarium there as well.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts