Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a mechanic look at my bike, and their 90% rewiring it will fix it. Unfortunately I'm short on cash so I can't afford to pay them to fix it and for the parts at the same time.

My request is any type of wiring guide available for the volusia 800 2004 model, and if their are reliable wiring parts cheaper than $499 (the parts they showed me) I did replace the fuse box with a cheap $12 but they said that was one of the first things that broke and it was a cheap Chinese knockoff, so I'm not sure if their right or if their trying to screw me.

As well any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20,566 Posts
There is no shortcut. If you need to replace the wiring, you need to replace it with a factory wiring harness.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yup, I'd look for people on Ebay selling a lot of used parts for a 2004 Volusia and send them messages inquiring about a full harness and fuse box. It's the smartest and easiest way to go. When you get it, start at one end and unlace the old while lacing the new at the same time. Clean connections and grounds as you go, and use dialectric grease. It's a little work but cheaper if you do it yourself and will get you up and running. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts