Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I recently learned during a yearly physical my numbers indicated I'm borderline diabetic...no big deal said the man in the whilte coat...but you may want to consider changing a few things in your life considering the family history...first off...lose about 20 lbs,,,second, start monitoring your sugar intake before it becomes too late...its your choice...

so taking what he proposed seriously, so much of the good things I enjoy have been put on hold for the time being to get ny munbers where they belong ...high sugar items like cake, cookies, shoo fly pie, etc...gone for now and a serious attempt at losing the 20 lbs went into effect...

yep...one of the few remaining things in life we take for granted, eating what we want, whenever we want and for the most part, as much as we want, well...time to modify those habits...but if it buys me a few more years and for no other reason than to make sure the post office pays...I begin my quest...and sooner than I expect, I lost the 20...so to celebrate my victory, I celebrate in the only way I know how....

nacho platter with all the fixins.....and no...didn't eat the whole thing...kept half for tommorrows lunch.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I see green things on the plate. It's a good thing. However, I am not a fan or cold nachos or reheated one for that matter. The lettuce is wilty and the chips soft. You should have invited a friend to help join you in eating the delicious plate. I am just saying... Who would be around to help you? Do we have any volunteers? Maybe your brother Beezer? He gets the munchies or Ken.
Those pickled jalapeno peppers look mighty good.

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Now, that is a plate full

·
Super Moderator
62,497 Posts
Nonfattening, natural, no artificial ingredients, fat burning, satisfying, zero calories, no added sugars, no high fructose corn syrup, and the list goes on and on......

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
understandable but sometimes one has to make it work...even if we all know how it slowly returns...and then some. But for now...no better reason to celebrate and reward oneself.... wonder if I have a shoo fly pie stashed away in the freezer...

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Actually you don't have to give up the foods you like. Just eat it in moderation. I still eat what I want but, I stop when I'm full and don't stuff myself. By doing this, I brought my A1C down from way over 10 to around 6.
I think our blood sugars went up because when we were kids our parents made us clean our plates and told us things like, "there are starving kids in Africa so, you eat everything on that plate!" I never understood how my eating all that would help those starving kids but, I understood the belt across my butt if I didn't. LOL

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,490 Posts
Great job! I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't celebrate with a banana split, but those nachos do look good. I'm sure Barb will be happy to keep you around for a while longer.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good man Dennis. Like my son, he found moderation was the key. He still eats what he wants but MUCH smaller portions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've lost 50 lbs in 5 months same foods just put down the fork. I also drank soda witch I don't do anymore. Was 310 now 260 goal is 170. A1C in the 6's

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've lost 50 lbs in 5 months same foods just put down the fork. I also drank soda witch I don't do anymore. Was 310 now 260 goal is 170. A1C in the 6's
thats great...just remember 1 pound at a time...keep up the good work...when all is said and done and you meet your goal, we'll celebrate with a skype ice cream sundae party

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
and how is he doing?
He's good. Working 50+hours a week. Still concerned about his weight. Last check up, he was up to 128. It's not coming back like the Dr. expected.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
at least going in the right direction...hows he feeling working a full schedule like that?

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great job! I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't celebrate with a banana split, but those nachos do look good. I'm sure Barb will be happy to keep you around for a while longer.
did celebrate with a ice cream yesterday on a ride w/Pete...some type of Caramel something or other...delicious too...funny thing in NH...like the Seinfild episode where Elaine goes to order a popcorn in a movie and the girl behind the counter tells her...the small is really a medium. the medium is really a large...etc...such is the way they serve/sell ice cream...Pete ordered a Kiddie size...i ordered a small...kiidde size would have been more than enough...still glad I ordered a small tho...the greed factor...would love to see what a large is like...maybe enough to feed the state of Rhode Island...maybe see next saturday at the next lunch meet again in NH...at this rate those lost 20 lbs will be back with a few added ....

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
at least going in the right direction...hows he feeling working a full schedule like that?
He's good with it. Has $signs in his eyes. Through all this and Covid , he only missed about 2 & 1/2 weeks of work. Other than that, he's always had a full schedule.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts