Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m getting back into riding after a 14 year hiatus. Purchased a 2005 C50 and am learning to ride again. Love the bike, well equipped. I’m taking short neighborhood rides while I reacquaint myself with the mechanics of riding safely. Looking forward to longer rides and many happy miles!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Alabama.
Show us a pic!

Reactions: silver90

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Welcome from East Central Alabama.

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

After 14 years off of a bike you might find the basic rider course from the motorcycle safety foundation to be a great refresher. Ride hard, but ride safe!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Welcome back to riding and aboard VR.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
greetings

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the scooter from Gettysburg. Pa. Ride safe & enjoy....Best. D

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'll get a pic up soon and I may consider the MSF course. I rode for about 25 years off and on. I did order a copy of Proficient Motorcycling. .
Don't consider it, do it. Believe me you don't want to get caught without a motorcycle license. I also have that bookon my Kindle. Another one to consider is Maximum Control by Pat Hahn. Real good book with exercises to practice.

Congrats on the bike and Welcome from Vero Beach, Florida.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
+1 On the MSF course. While the bookwork was rather mundane, the riding helped a lot (the bookwork helped some too, part of it was the teaching method). You gain a lot of good experience in a very short time.

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
welcome from Ct...roads have only gotten crazier with folks mutitasking while they drive. Careful and dress to ride.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Nothing like getting back into riding again!
+1 on the MSF course

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.