Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend, during the Mardi Gras celebration held in Galveston, a 18 yr old teenager, suspected drunk driver, hit and killed a retired HPD officer rider and critically injured his passenger wife, who is currently an HPD officer.

Teenager pulled out of a gas station/convenience store after dark directly into the bikes path. No news remarks on whether helmets were being used but a recent photo of the couple on the bike show them without lids.

Police: 18-year-old suspected drunk driver kills retired HPD officer in Galveston | khou.com Houston

Tragedy all the way around. Underage drinking and driving. Rider is dead, passenger is critical and driver is arrested and potentially locked up for decades.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If that was my kid they'd have to keep her in jail. Jail would be nothing compared to the hind-end whippin' she'd get from me if I could get my hands on her. I'd cut her license up and sell any vehicle she owned too. She'd have to make her own way after that.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry but why do you hold PD officers to a higher value than any other human? Sorry just annoyed me to see that.
Well, if you are asking me, I would have posted an article about any bike enthusiast and his wife who was killed by a driving while intoxicated teenager in my area. It just so happens this tragedy involved LEO. Young girl failed a field sobriety test and possibly admitted to ingesting prescription pills prior to driving. Recent court findings in a case in Ft Worth found that if a person is so grossly intoxicated or inebriated, they may not necessarily be held responsible for the consequences of their actions. Too drink to know what they were doing is their defense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The HPD officer killed was my fathers best friend. He belonged to the Los Carnales motorcycle group. Ive known him since I was a wee youngen. He will be missed. Too many times too many people get away with murder. I hope she doesn't.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Rest in peace my fellow brother in blue.

Sorry but why do you hold PD officers to a higher value than any other human? Sorry just annoyed me to see that.
Some people, including myself, put themselves in dangerous situations. Military, police and firefighters. It is a thankless job and the few of us that do it hate to such negative comments such as these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts