Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Avon Grips today. Has anyone used them or using them now on there ride. Would like Advice,

·
Registered
624 Posts
Same here, closely follow the directions for the throttle side to get that geared cable holder set correctly.

For the Clutch side, I didn't use the glue/tape. I wrapped that side with electrical tape in an overlap pattern. Enough so the grip goes on really snug, then I tightened down the allen heads.

My Avon's were 3/4" longer than stock and I wanted my hand placement a little more forward anyway, so I redrilled my bars and moved the controls further in. I measured the holes 5/8" from the stock holes to leave a little play so that the throttle wouldn't bottom out on the end of the bar. ( I'm not saying you need to do this, just sharing what I did).

I really like the feel of them compared to stock. Not sure if they dampen vibration any more than stock, especially without using the bar end, but it really doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference either way. And I really like the look of the chrome rings and not having the big bar ends sticking out anymore.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts