Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody gutted out their stock pipes and then added The thunder monster baffle?
I think it would make a great deep loud sound at a very affordable price plus you would be able to keep the nice looking stock pipes and maybe get a little performance.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody has done this yet. Maybe I'll try it out and let you guys know!
Coz, it will be cool if we can have a kick a$$ sound out of the stock pipes for $79

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like it would be a great inexpensive mod. let us know if this works out. where would someone find this thunder monster baffle?
Thanks.
Jerry

·
Registered
141 Posts
They make them sound like they would be good for us debaffled riders. I might consider getting those?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well it looks like it's off to the plasma donation center a few more times....I may have to try this mod, since it's about 300.00 cheaper than new pipes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow thats a really cool idea, I actually started a post asking about who else liked the stock pipes. I personally think the big guns are some of the best looking stock exhausts out there. If not THE best. I think it may have even contributed to my choice of the volusia. The vulcan on contrast has ugly pipes and an ugly slug one piece seat. I think the vulcan would probably have put up a bigger challenge for my bike choice if it werent for those 2 items. vut of course now i am starting to stray away from the topic.
Anyway, It would be cool if you pioneered this. Please let us know if you get this mod figured out! It would be the ultimate budget exhaust mod, other then the plain debaffle of course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On paper it sounds good. I'm afraid of doing it to my pipes since I can live with the stock sound of my pipes as they are now and if the thundermonster does not work out I'm gonna hate the sound of the debaffled pipes.
So I offer to buy the product for someone on this site that has debaffled and killed mickey stock pipes with the condition that he sends me a full write up of the install and a sound clip. So if somebody wants to be the Guinea pig please PM me. I'll let you guys know how this works out I spoke with one of the reps today and they said it would sound aw some.

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
The Thunder Monster? I like the name. I have aftermarket pipes but if thy made a thingy called a Thunder Monster...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After having the first volunteer offer to test out the thunder monster I called big city thunder and I'm sorry to inform you guys that it can not be done their not compatible with the stock pipes. The first time I called she thought I was talking about straights pipes. So I guess we need to buy aftermarket pipes!

·
Registered
216 Posts
WHy spend that money??

GEt a bolt and washer... Drill you a hole in the bottom of your pipes... Get the Washer welded to the top of the bolt and install it...

Creates back pressure just like the thunder monsters... I have some photos of the Monsters and what they consist of... I also have some pics of the washer mod...

Its very close to the same thing....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts