Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning from Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada.

It's been a while so I am re introducing myself. I had a 2003 Volusia Intruder and currently ride a 2009 C50T.
As technology is constantly changing and the parts supply business catches up I am wondering if anyone has replaced the stock headlight with an LED unit using the existing bucket without modification. I found a replacement headlamp that replaced the bucket, but it was triangular in shape and I felt that it did not retain the original style that I prefer. I am not into welding or modifying the existing bucket unless it is a bolt on inner adapter.

Cheers and keep the shiny side up...........Chilliwing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, sorry to be a bummer, but when I got the tangle of wires, replays and who knows what out of the headlight unit, it turns out it's a xenon. Sportiva H6.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, you can. Here's what I did. Order the new headlight and the housing bucket to match. You can pull the bracket out of the new housing and swap it into the stock housing. All the screws should line right up. Welding and fabricating really isn't my skill set either! This is the Sktyants 7" headlight from Amazon, they have a bunch of different kinds to choose from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts